Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And today is...........

And today is............Freethinker's Day.............yes it is. Now when I looked this up, I have to admit I just sat here and thought, egads, Freethinker's Day. Then, bless my private and public education, I did remember studying about Freethinkers and then went on to investigate on the internet and here is what I found.




Tue, 29th Jan:
Freethinker's Day Birthday - President William McKinley (25th President)Anniversary - Seeing Eye (guide dogs)Admission Day (Kansas)




(Jan 29) Today we're celebrating . . . Freethinker’s Day
Freethinker’s Day Observing the birthday of Thomas Paine, the author of Common Sense which advocated the independence of the American Colonies



freethinker n. One who has rejected authority and dogma, especially in his religious thinking, in favor of rational inquiry and speculation.
-The American Heritage Dictionary



http://ffrf.org/day/famousfreethinkers/ here is a link to some famous Freethinkers........you might be surprised and then again you might not and lastly, there is even an email card that you can sendhttp://www.123greetings.com/events/freethinkers_day/free7.html. So now I am finding that blogging is dusting off cobwebs in my mind and bringing back memories of various classrooms.

I am off to the gym today........an event that brings both pleasure and pain. I enjoy my trainer (a trainer, my biggest output of money that I have ever spent on myself) and some days I even actually like going to the gym, but trust me, working out is not my idea of fun. I was watching the View last week......well it was on and I putzing in the kitchen, and Sylvestor Stallone was on, and even he admitted that he doesn't like working out.............yeah Sylvestor!!!!! I am trying to concentrate on mid-driff and below for awhile..........well me and my big mouth. My trainer had me doing some wonderful contortions on the floor with the large ball..........shoot, at first I thought the whole exercise was "keep the ball from rolling out from underneath you"........it was funny........but once I master this, it was ok. I was then laying on top of the ball, with just my fingertips on the floor, raising each leg and holding it...........ok, that wasn't hard. Flash forward to the next day.........I called my trainer and explained that I did have a life outside of the gym and I had to move for it..............I was walking like I had steel rod placed, well you know where and trying to not burst into loud moans and yipes of pain...........so yes I am going back today and will do this all again. Ok, I know some of you are real work out people, I usually go to the gym more than once a week, but I had sick little boys last week, so that is why I only got to grace the gym once.
Well today's challenge was to see if I could teach myself how to put in the addresses to the different sites that I refer to........guess I won't know until I post this to the site.......so let's give it a go and if it works I shall beam, if it doesn't I will do an "oh man!" and will have to read the help section..........

No comments: