Monday, March 31, 2008

Another wonder



Glass-wing Butterflies Live in South America. A butterfly with transparent wings is rare and beautiful. As delicate as finely blown glass, the presence of this rare tropical gem is used by jungle observers as an indication of high habitat quality. Rivaling the refined beauty of a stained glass window, the translucent wings of the Glasswing butterfly shimmer in the sunlight like polished panes of turquoise, orange, green, and red. All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed. In life, that which is unnoticed has the most power.

A friend sent this to me.........I was just in awe............there are so many things that are out in this world that I don't have clue about............hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I did.........

2 comments:

andsewon said...

Oh my...yes we sometimes don't take the time to look about us as we should.Just take for granted.
We have the yellow and black ones in here or did when it was warm..2 days ago..

Mary Ellen said...

You have thus type in Virginia? Man I have lived in the nothern part of the US waaaaay to long.......I can't remember ever seeing anything this delicate before in the butterfly family.......lots and lots of dragonflies, but nothing like this in a butterfly........or, maybe I just not taking the time to "see"....