Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cabachon

This is a cabachon ( kaaaab - short a - shon), ok I wasn't being rude, I didn't know how to pronounce this until recently and was rather embarrassed asking how.........I don't know why, I don't think anyone else's questions are silly, but I do feel that way, when I ask about something that seems obvious to everyone else. Please don't panic and turn me off, I promise that this blog isn't going to turn into a jewelry blog, promise, pinky promise, cross my heart promise, Girl Scout promise. I just find things these new things and want to share because I get so excited about them..........and this is one of them. Cabachon. It is a flat backed stone...........hmmmm, let me see if I can find the true description. Here is one:
A highly polished, convex-cut, unfaceted gem.
A convex style of cutting gems.

I am hoping to1 take a class in making these wonder stones/gems into jewelry....I know it won't be an inexpensive project, but oh the wonderful things you can do with them. Many pieces are done with wire/metal.........and I am not ready to venture down that road yet.........want to, but the pocketbook is telling me loud and clear, one step at a time ole' gal. one step at a time!!!!!!!!! I am actually listening to this voice too.........aren't you proud of me??? I'm proud of myself!!!!


Look at this molded cabachon............. isn't it wonderful? Couldn't you see this made into a beautiful pendant? broach? Am i losing you?Hmmmm, let me find some finished pieces....................





Ok, here are a few examples, you can get as complicated and detailed as you would like, or keep it simple......if and when I am able to take a class, I will share my finished project.........oh I bet you can't hardly wait..........tee hee.............

No comments: