Monday, March 24, 2008

Doors


Hello, I'm back........not rested that is for sure and sadly, my family came back from Hawaii with some sort of crud and my friend found a form of crud here, so now of course I have it too.........it is all in my throat, which of course makes me not want to talk much.............oh whoa is me..........and I am sure happiness to others..........tee hee.
A friend sent me something in an email today and at the end of it was this:
May your troubles be less
Your blessings more
and nothing but happiness come through your door.
I liked that saying........and I thought I would use it today.........of course at first I was going to be

all philosophical and write about all of the doors that open and close in our personal lives............you know that saying about "when God closes one door he opens another"


Then I thought again.........shoot i can't talk out loud much, so might as well think, right? I realized that I like doors..........I do. To me a door can sometimes tell you who or what to expect once it is open. Now sometimes that nasty thing called money or a budget gets in the way and you are stuck with what you have..........or maybe the owners of the door/doors aren't adventurous or crafty.......(shoot, isn't that why they have friends that are..........trust me, use and abuse your crafty friends, most of us like expressing our talents and want to be able to share what talent we were given). Ok, I do. I do know that once I got talking about doors, two came to my mind right away........ a door that has a screen on it. Now the only picture I could find was the one on the top of the page and that is nice. but the ones that I like are the old fashion wooden screen doors...........that slam and bang and have that little latch closure on them............I love those, here is a picture of what I wanted to do to my pantry before I was asked to move in my my kids........

I love it.............(seems like I am 'loving lots of things today, huh?). My little and old double wide was slowly being turned into a cottage place inside and I liked the idea of the screen door on the pantry. I also found that I am drawn to homes/doors with wreaths on them......
I use to have a wreath for each and every holiday..........kept them in an extra closet and just slapped those babies up. Right now, I have a nice metal lace work container with fake tulips in it on the front door here.............bright and cheery......will carry us over through the spring time until we need out Memorial red, white and blue wreath..........which will carry us over until 4th of July.............yup, I like doors, I like the old doors, French doors, always wanted a RED or YELLOW door, double doors, screen doors............add that to my list of things that I am realizing about myself......................






No comments: