Thursday, March 13, 2008

flirting

I don't know how to.........nope, I am (mumble mumble mumble)years old and I don't know how to flirt. I've been married twice, so maybe that just proves I don't know how......or it proves that I am lousy at it..........yes? I like men, I do. I don't seem to be comfortable in the presence of men. Isn't that strange.......liking them, wanting to be with one, but not comfortable meeting them. Case in point: This week we went to a local pizzeria/chain restaurant to have a quick bite to eat after my grandson's school program..(which they sang western and Texas related songs and I thought was wonderful). Next to our table, was a gentleman, who was eating alone. He was my age group......or I think he was........and all of a sudden I heard "Six and two" I looked over and said "what?" "The boys, I think they are six and two." I replied, "No, they are six and three, but you are really close." And then I proceeded to eat my salad......He went on to talk a little bit and I would answer him or make small comments, but I sure didn't offer to go sit with him, or invite him to sit with us. I just ate........and I was uncomfortable........uneasy, and not sure how to react. The End. My adult kids proceeded to tease me that I was being flirted with............but I said he ( the gentleman) was talking to the whole family.......well he could have been. They then informed me that I hardly looked at the gentleman at all........in fact I kept my head averted to the side. So now I am wondering.........what is wrong with me??? I look back and find that I have never been comfortable with idle chit chat with men...........ooooo, I can talk with girlfriend's husbands, doctors, sales clerks, but you put me in a position t like the one last week and I just freeze up...........like taking a test...........so come on, I need some help...........help me.........guide me.........please oh please don't let me open up my comment section tomorrow to a big zero - o -zilch...........give me some pointers.........please............

2 comments:

andsewon said...

I googled The Art of Flirting and man the links..check them out!!;-)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=The+Art+of+Flirting&btnG=Search

Mary Ellen said...

Thank you Lola, I woke up later than usual today and came to check my blog, hoping that I would have a comment.......thank you for helpimg me in this "project"