Saturday, March 15, 2008

My spring break- Thelma and Louise




My oldest and dearest sister of my heart is coming in this afternoon........she is the only living person that shares all of my history with me......(well except the first 5 years of my life)...so not only are we close, but we know what we both have experienced.........that special and rare sisterhood that you cherish and know that once one of you leaves this world, some huge void will enter your life. Ok, don't mean to sound morbid, but I have come to the age, to realize that true friends are not to be taken for granted.........never ever.


Now my friend is widowed, (but she has also experienced a bad divorce or two also), so neither of us have a husband to worry about when we get together...........you know leaving them at home while we are off having girl time - and YES, even at our ages, we still call it girl time. Now as you know - or I think you do - my family is in Hawaii, so we have the house to ourselves........we can eat, sleep, giggle, cry, share confidences, the whole gambit of emotions that always takes place when we are together.......freely in this big ole' house..........yippeeeeeee!!!


We are going to do the regular tourist things......River Walk, Alamo, Market Square, maybe the mission tour....going to Gruene (pronounced green) and putz around..................but we are also going to take a road trip to Padre Island......................during spring break.................with the college kids................are we nuts................YES!!!! Plus I have never driven there......ever, now I have been there before many years ago, but we are going to do the two "mature" girl trip alone.........trust me, I am sure there will be stories to share about this part of our get together !!!!!


I am not sure how much I will be able to post while she is here...........goodness, each and every time that we put one of us on the plane to go home, we always say " We didn't get to talk about........." (and yes we call each other all of the time, but it's not the same).........so if I have to decide talking with her or writing in my blog................sorrreeeeeeee.

I am in hopes that this version of Thelma and Louise will have have that free spirited adventure that we all should have once in awhile and trust me, I will share with you our funnies, and I do know that some will happen.........they always do.

No comments: