Friday, March 7, 2008

Rain..........






I think you either love it or hate it............me, I like rain. I remember as a little girl thinking that fairies danced in the rain..........ok, even as a child I had some "different" outlooks on life..........or maybe it was my Irish family that let those little wifts and drifts of ideas float into my head.........


We had rain the other day, now I have only lived here going on two years, but rain isn't a common thing.........correct me if I am wrong. I got to thinking that rain is such a wonderful thing. Well think about it........think of all of the suspense it holds in movies and television shows,

in books, oooooo, think of songs........"Raindrops keep falling on my head" " Listen to the rythm of the falling rain" " April Showers" " Have you seen the rain" "I can see clearly now the rain has fall'n" Rainy Night in Georgia, oh the list goes on and on..........



Yesterday, I saw a pattern on the windshield and my first thought was........(no, not jewelry) but another one of my weaknesses, material.......the grayish blue of the road and the rain seemed to me to be falling in three little drops together and the pattern repeating itself, and it would have made the most beautiful material.......(isn't it amazing that I don't get into car accidents??? It's ok to agree with me............I sometimes think of the weirdest things while driving and BAM I come back to being in the car.............scary, huh? I'll have to tuck this thought into my head, so I can share what happened once in Why-oh-ming............it is funny.


Many people like to sleep or nap during the rain. myself included...........give me a good rain, a good book, a warm comfy well-washed quilt and a pillow and trust me, no matter how good the book is, I will be in dream-land fairly soon. Do you like to walk in the rain...........now not the wind blowing, raindrops biting your skin rain, but the gentle warm rain, that happens sometimes............and if you have experienced it, you will know what I mean.............I love to walk in that type of rain, even if it just down to the mailboxes. Which leads me into another subject that I love.........umbrellas..............ok, quirky. I love to see people carrying umbrellas.........My oldest grandson has a frog umbrellan and my youngest has an Elmo...........one of the little girls at the pre-school has the coolest rain boots.......they are ducks and her mum said she has frogs and I think she said pigs too.............my other grandson has just regular old knee high rain boots and will wear those things summer, winter, fall or spring if you let me...........oooops, we were talking
about umbrellas................here is what my umbrella looks like , it is huge.
Two adults can fit comfortably under it and be totally covered, or one large Nana and two little grandsons also. It is bright and cheery and I just love it. When I am
out and about in the rain and I see all of these serious business women and
men walking around with their serious black coverings I want to shout to them
"Hey, life is to short to do black all of the time........be brave, be bold." Like one business deal outcome will rely on the color of your umbrella............don't think so.........of course this is coming from the woman who saw fairies in the rain too.............

No comments: