Tuesday, March 11, 2008

She's home.........

My daughter is home...........home from Iraq. We are one of the more fortunate members of this great military force, for she was gone for 8 months.......August until now. There are many of our military members and their families that are being separated for much longer than this. I am not going to express my personal views in my blog, mostly because I don't want to upset anyone, but let me give a hint of my feelings..........if we aren't there, then "they" (meaning the terrorists and radicals) will be here sooner than you think. Trust me, I don't want to wear anything over my face and revert back to being a second class citizen.



When she walked into the house, this is what greeted her................. here is a close up of the flowers......


Aren't they pretty............Steven went to Cosco and bought to big bouquets of wrapped flowers and I tore them apart and made three nice arrangements with them..........told her the house smelled like a funeral parlor.....tee hee. Had to share the sparklies on the candles too........bought those last year at Garden Ridge.......I do like that store.........I do. Steven also went and got a
gazillion (30-40) balloons and tied them to the two vehicles that were in the driveway, and on the banister. We also had sent away to Oriental Trading Company for welcome home banners, and three of the neighbors did too, so they were all up in the yard along with more balloons.........it was a nice welcome home. When we came out of security, we had special passes that allowed us to meet her at the gate, the USO was at the bottom of area going into the luggage claim madhouse, and they had a big banner and flags...........now I don't know if they do this everyday, or if it was arranged for one special person.........but it was nice and people would say "thank you" to Jenn and to us as we walked along.............it was a good feeling.............
We are back to semi-normal...........see I say semi, as I truly don't believe that there are any more Cleaver -Walton families anymore............and if there are, well let's not give them away, let's keep them a secret, so they can enjoy their lives in whatever fantasy world they exist in.......ok? We have another crammmm jammmmm week ahead of us, Jenn getting debriefed, and adjusting to being home.........me slowly relinquishing the sole female role in the house, the boy's many activities, AND, Jenn came home 40lbs lighter, so she has no pants or shorts that fit and they are leaving for HAWAII on Friday..........so I am sure there will be a packed in shopping spree to either the outlets or the mall.......when I don't know, but I bet there will be........there has to be!!!!!
I am happy that this family is together under one roof again..............and I shall try to keep this feeling alive and nourished for as long as I can...............because trust me, two strong willed and "I want it my way" women, one male and two rambunctious little boys under one roof - oh there will be stories to share in the future....................

1 comment:

Barb Holmes Jones said...

My heart is doing a "happy dance" for you and your family! Congratulations on getting your daughter home safe and sound!
Barb J.