Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gruene, Texas

I can go back and Standing high above the town buildings, the Gruene water tower is a beacon for miles around to all visitors coming to Historic Gruene for another entertaining visit.
Whether you are a “Weekender” or in town for the week or longer, Gruene is a wonderful “happening” for all!
http://www.touringtexas.com/gruene/
This is one of the spots that I HAD to share with my girlfriend............it is just soooooooo, man I don't know what, but whatever it is, it is it to the fullest!!!!!
Shops galore.......antiques, boutiques, galleries, and all in wonderful old buildings.........nestled on the Guadalupe River, where you can tube in the summer (my kids have, I haven't tried it yet, but think this summer I might slather up with "please don't let me burn goop" and try this adventure)
Shoot, bet there has never been a sighting of a whale on the Guadalupe yet...........oh man, now I am dying to try this adventure.
Here is one of the most wonderful parts of Gruene......ooooo before we go any farther, here is a lesson in prooooo - nun- ceeee-a -shun. Green, yup like the color.......we are in a very wonderful German settled
area......
http://www.texasoutside.com/Gruene/gruenetexas.htm.......this site will give you a brief history of the settling of Gruene. Oh, I drifted again, huh, well for reals, here is one of the most wonderful sites in this wonderful hamlet




Built in 1878, Gruene Hall is the oldest continually running dance hall in Texas, and the Central Texas birthplace to many great songwriters and musicians. Including George Strait ? Ace in the Hole, Jerry Jeff Walker, Lyle Lovett, Joe Ely, Robert Earl Keen, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Hal Ketchum, Bruce and Charlie Robison, and many more. Plus remember the movie Michael? You know, John Travolta the angel.......see now you remember........such a wonderful unorthodox angel ...........well remember the dance hall scene where he dances with all of the ladies.......yup, it was filmed here............
Hmmm, why don't you just come to visit and I will take you here.........back and back and back and back and back and back.......................

No comments: