Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hockey

Yesterday we celebrated my ex husband's birthday........it was rather pleasant. The kids prepared a lovely dinner and even purchased two "no sugar" pies, since he is diabetic. We also went to a hockey game. Shoot, I didn't even know San Antonio had a hockey team.........I didn't........of course there is a WHOLE LOT I don't know!!!! There I can admit to that. Well I like hockey. Do I know all of the rules, nope. Do I understand much about the game, nope. BUT I do like watching it..........especially in person. My oldest grandson's school had some sort of a deal on tickets and so the kids purchased them (along with the ticket came a hot dog. chips and a soda...quite the deal!!!!) The seats were GOOD, well let's admit it, usually when you get these package deals, you are so high up that you can't even make out the players....not this time, our seats were GOOD .



I forgot how much I love watching hockey too............I mean I got into the spirit really quick.........man I was yelling, screaming, and cheering on the players and fights, the pucks being shot up into the air..........I was having a ball. Why I sat next to my ex and we even had some enjoyable conversation. Then it happened, my ex was going to leave in the third part of the game, as he had a ways to drive, and then my daughter told me we were going to leave too...........man, you should have seen the look I gave her.............oh man, it was the pout of the year. The oldest grandson had been complaining about a tummy ache, but if he doesn't like something or what we are doing at the time.........yup, you guessed it....instant sickness. Actually in all honesty I thought he was faking it.......ok, so my grandson is a drama king..........and a darn good one too. Shoot he has learned from the best...........once outside, I did grab him up and hugged him and we walked together with our arms around each other's waist (mine of course could encircle his, and bless his heart, he did his best on my over-extended in girth waist line)..........we all went to bed and it wasn't even a half hour and it started............ I mean, that child must have had a reserve of food stored up and did he let it fly............not a pretty site............he was one sick little munchkin. This continues all night long . Well I went down another path didn't I? Oh well, a few little tidbits thrown in here and there............

Hey San Antonio does have a hockey team, they are called RAMPAGE, and I would go back in a heart beat.............in fact I think they are in the playoffs. So if you have an extra ticket and want a "mature and enthusiastic" woman to go with you........well let me know.........I have no pride, do I?

No comments: