Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It ain't just in the cartoons..........

Can you see where this is leading? Ok, let's go for it. Every month on the last Thursday, a chain pizza place takes part of the proceeds of customers and gives it back to the school.........and we go every last Thursday of every month......we've only missed one, and that was because someone was sick. Now the restaurant is crowded, LOUD and the food is ok..........I of course gorge myself on the salad bar, love those greens and veggies........of course I HAVE to have a few slices of garlic bread with it...........well don't look at me like that.........I think it's an amendment to the constitution or something. Of course with two boys, 7 and 3, after dessert of brownies, cinnamon rolls, and some sort of carmel frosting thing, their hands are like the best glue going on the market............off to the restrooms..........sometimes Dad takes both of them, sometimes we split up, so we can get in and out.............now that part is an oxymoron..........me and speed..........hmmm, they just don't go together........any ways, this week daughter and I took the little one for hands and potty and Dad took oldest grandson with him........all business taken care of..........out we come.........now I am in the lead (that in itself is a rarity........I usually plod behind) and the next thing I hear is "Mom, Mary!!!!!!" not a quiet version of these names either.........well trust me on this, by this time I am cranky, not feeling groovy and just plain not a happy camper, get me out of this noise and chaos..............so I do an about face and with my best nasal sounding voice (yes my adenoids and tonsils are out, but still have this irritating nasal sounding voice) say "WWHHHHAT?" have you guessed it yet.......yeah, the dreaded toilet paper parade on my foot.........and I mean one looooooong trail. Ok, most women would be embarrassed and just take the opposite foot and tug it off...........well this paper friend was bound to stay with me........I mean at one point all three of the adults in this trio had their foot on the flimsy white stuff that most restaurants use.........this stuff was tough!!!!!! Now we are starting to look like some sort of ritual dance of some unknown culture..........well you guessed it........I got the giggles..........and I mean the giggles........when it finally came off I tried walking with what dignity didn't leave me with the toilet paper, but alas, can there be dignity with an over extended in girth Nana holding the hands of her grandson and laughing and giggling like someone who hasn't taken their prescribed meds in over a week? No. What can I say........life goes on...........and I hope that for my part that I leave it better and with a smile on some one's face...........

No comments: