Friday, April 18, 2008

TIME

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save everyday 'til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you
Time, such a precious item.........you can't hold it, you can't bottle it, you can't truly save it up for future use, and you have to reach a certain age to appreciate that it is truly a gift.
I know that some of you haven't reached the age yet where time is one of your most precious commodities........hmmm, I don't really know what that magical number is either.........think it comes earlier to some people, and for others I don't think they ever realize that time is precious.......I have reached that time in my life when I do understand that every moment gone
is precisely that......gone.
When someone gives me some of their time, well it just means so much to me....oh I'm not going to get all flowery and weepy, but I do want to let everyone that has shared their time with me know that I truly was thankful. It could have been an email, a phone call, a wonderful and almost a lost art, something in the mail....a luncheon, a beautiful smile on the street or store, those precious hugs or sweet child kisses that will soon be lost.............these all took time.
Time, another part of time: alarm clocks...................man I detest alarm clocks. Oh don't even start with suggestions. Buy a cute one, buy a feminine one, buy a sleek ultra "I can do
everything" model................I don't like them. I don't like a machine telling me when to get up..........never have, never will. I like to sleep..........amen. Not going to apologize, once I am asleep, I want to stay that way until my body tells me it has had enough and I wake up on my own. I have tried the cute little wake up songs, the radio (and San Antonio has a wonderful radio station, KONO 101.1, that plays THE best music ever.......60's - 70's ) and now alas, since I CAN and DO sleep through the music, I have had to resort to those horrible buzzer things............(man a few times I have slept through those too!)


Now another thing attached to time: wristwatches. I wear one, always have, and think I always will. I like knowing what time it is..........now either you are a wearer or you aren't. For awhile it seemed like that all of my kids were asking me what time it was, along with certain friends......ok, I got an attitude a few times and came up with the horrid answer " TIME for you to buy a watch." RUDE, huh? Sorry to those I have said it to.........at first it was meant to be funny, but after a while I did mean it........sorry.
I like to be on time too.......I keep my watch and clock in the van a wee bit ahead of schedule.............BUT, sadly I don't think I can claim that I am on time anymore........I mean I can get distracted so easily and EVERYTHING it seems takes soooooooooo much longer to do too...........everything. So, I now have to try double hard to be on time and that just has put pressure on me and makes me more rattled........sigh...........
So all in all, time to me is a precious gift........one that I do treasure.........each moment to me on this earth is a gift and if you share some of yours with me, please know that even if I don't vocalize it, I do appreciate it and want to thank you.


pssssst, I was singing the words to TIME IN A BOTTLE wrong too.........man I don't know if this blog is building my self esteem or not..........sigh








No comments: