Sunday, April 20, 2008

We survived


Before I get started, this is not our party, but one from the Flickr site that was free for the taking........I do search flickr quite a bit for photos..........


Now that, that is over, we survived. We survived a slumber party for my grandson who turned 7. It was a co-ed party.......oh come on now, they are kids and I am sorry, they have no idea what is going on, except that they are friends and have a good time together, so that out of the way; all in all it went quite well. Oh it was a wee bit rowdy at first.........but as the evening went on, everyone got mellow and we watched a movie, and those that couldn't stay the night, I walked home and my daughter got those that stayed settled down................and of course my abode is downstairs..........so I was oblivious to everything after that. I was impressed with the good manners showed and get this one.........I think the girls out dramatized the boys!!!!! Ok, this is coming from the drama queen of my generation..........I can be good too! I love little girls, I love the foo-foo and the drama, I miss my grand daughters (all of my grandchildren are missed terribly, so lets get that cleared up before anything comes of that one), mostly because of the girly stuff that I love, but sadly, looks rather sad and pathetic on a woman of my age.............shoot, I have glitter for my hair..........don't use it anymore, but I WANT to!!!!
Any ways, the girls added the drama to the party, the boys totally oblivious to any of it and in their own world............egads, such an eye opener for things to come.....right?
Parents arrived on time to pick them up, my daughter has the house cleaned up already, and except for some wilting balloons, and new toys that need to have the 486,932, 027 plastic things unwound from the cardboard, and left over cake.............oh please give me strength in this department.........and it's white cake too...........homemade (ok Duncan)!!!!!!!!! You would never know that we had 9 boys and girls here from 4pm yesterday afternoon until 9am this morning.
I have to admit that I was rather dreading the whole thing, but I am Nana enough to admit that I shouldn't have.........it went well............no horror tales to share, no funnies that truly stuck out...........ooooo, a semi little one. I got my grandson an outfit and a computer game...........he was excited about the computer game (one of those $9.99 disc things) but really blase' about the clothes.......we laughed, and one of the little boys looks at me and says "It's ok, that's what Nanas are suppose to buy.........clothes." Cracked me up.............

No comments: