Monday, June 30, 2008

Cottages.........

I spent a delightful hour, maybe two, yesterday wandering from blog to blog......whoa, did I enjoy myself. I know for some people the computer and internet is a total waste of time, for me it is my salvation from total isolation and insanity. Of course I checked out a couple of my favorite blogs and from there............oh man, did I wander. I felt like a true adventurer........wandering in and out of areas unknown to me...........
Of course I seemed to drift towards cottage blogs..........I love cottages. Have I mentioned that before??? Ok, so I tend to repeat myself. The small rooms, flowers, the mixture of old and some new.......for me, it calls out to my inner soul.
Not sure about this bedroom, hmmmm think I would have to change to color of the walls.........hey wait, I think I still have a few photos of bedrooms that I had for bedding....let me go look........oh man there are good points to being a rat pack...I found it........I like the color in the room to the left better.....

There is a cottage home in my old hometown, Gillette, Why-oh-ming. It is in the older part of town, up near the city park........oh I had a friend drive me past it while I was there in May. It is painted yellow, has the white picket fence, a wonderful yard full of greenery (remember in WY, in May, things aren't blooming much........shoot we usually didn't even think about planting until Memorial Day).....sometimes I would just drive past that cottage and feel a peace come over me........I have no idea who lives there, but thank you whoever you are, there were days that your cottage was the soothing of my soul.

Again, since I am single I would probably go towards more of the flowery, big cabbage rose prints for the living room, but when I found this on the internet (all of the photos came from Cottage Living site) it made me feel comfortable..like I could shuck off my shoes and curl up on the couch (tho' I do like a recliner/rocker to do hand work).
I guess I am rambling again.......dreaming really, sharing my dreams and wishes with all of you........are any of you cottage gals???

No comments: