Thursday, June 19, 2008

I wonder.....






I wonder about so many things, bet you've guessed that by now, huh? I bet you also thought "oh man, here she goes on about more flowers or some other garden thing..........nope, just found a whole bunch of beautiful pictures of bouquets one day and saved them..........so want to share them with you.


Today I was wondering about, well this and other things of course. how do "great women do it"? You know, those women who seem to be able to change the world.......march in demonstrations, go to one conference for after another for every good and valuable cause.........how do they do it? Do they still make beds? Clean toilets? Grocery shop? (plus put the food away once they get home).......buy new underwear for the family? read storybooks to children and grandchildren? do carpools? Not everyone that achieves great things can be blessed with an unlimited income, a nanny, family to watch their children, can they? Now I am not talking about the one super mom in the school, that we would either like to imitate or tear her eyes out (oh come on, don't tell me that some of you don't feel the same way I do sometimes - - here comes my sarcasm - - because I KNOW I've said this to myself or to a friend standing next to me " Oh man, here comes Susie Perfect, wonder how many cupcakes she baked from scratch, little league scores she kept and recorded, and closets she cleaned out today?" Ok, so that's not very nice and I am sure that this lady has problems too, but man, when you are feeling under accomplished, you just don't need to a conversation with this lady, right? Well ok, I don't at least.
Lately I have been feeling "under accomplished " . In my mind I am still able to leap tall buildings, create and sew a quilt in 2 or 3 days, and make home cooked meals from scratch and still feel perky and cheerful............in reality, I am getting the basic things done that I need too, but not much else. I am able to read the email that comes through from my various groups, but I am seldom posting, I don't seem to be able to get to my jewelry designing until late afternoon, because of the things I am doing with the boys, and not that I have ever loved going to the gym, but I do know that I feel better when I do.........so have I slowed down that much? Hmmmm, sadly I have to admit, I have. I rather resent it too.........now it's not like I have treated my body like a holy vessel (which is no ones fault but my own) and thank goodness I think this generation is much more aware of doing this, but I have kept my mind active.....really I have. So I will have to accept that the body does slow down and age does have something to do with it........man, just typing that makes me frown.........oh well, I do have my health (well my version of good health), and I am grateful for that........as I know that there are many many people out there who have bad health or some horrid disease that has attached itself to them.........so I won't complain, I will trudge onward..........
Ok, I can't go away without sharing this with you.........see the graphic to the right. I used this to make a card.....
on the front was this wonderful knight.....and on the inside I wrote
" Oh great, now the prunes start to work"
It cracked me up.........not sure how the person that received it liked it, as my daughter sent it to fellow military in Iraq.....oh well I thought it was funny and wanted to share. Have a good day........

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

That's funny. Glad to know someone else's mind works the way mine does. Funny.

andsewon said...

Mary....Mama would have LOVED this card just like me!!! Ha!!!
You may need to add cards to your shop!!