Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm still here...well kinda sorta

I have no idea what that is above me...........but I love the colors and feel of it.........
I haven't been sick, I haven't taken a mini vacation, I haven't fallen in love...........nope, but something exciting for me has happened. I was invited to participate in "Meet the Artist" at my favorite bead store 'And the Bead Goes On'....ME !!!!! I was just beaming from ear to ear when I was asked.........I only started beading last September.......not even a full year..........wow, talk about a boost to the ego and self-esteem..........I was think'n maybe people should be parting on the sidewalks and laying down the red carpet there for a few minutes.........tee hee.............just kidding!!!!!!
So need less to say I have been working night and day, day and night, sunrise to sunset to get as much inventory made, pictures taken, and prices (oooo, I don't like that part of it at all - and taking the snapshots wasn't fun either.......and it sure wasn't the camera, the wonderful Miss C in CA who bestowed upon me all of the wonderful wardrobe - of which I will be wearing today!!!!- purchased a new camera and sent me her old one............and trust me it isn't old, it is a beautiful camera, it's the person behind the camera that needs to practise.........and I was in a hurry- no excuse, it's the truth- trust me.) Hey let me show you a few of the pieces...........again, put your magic glasses on and imagine them in person and not blurry.............please...............































The bracelet above with the buttons, I included some ear rings and call it button fun. Straight above is a new style I would like to make more of, and I call it, the Copper Cowgirl.........across and to the left is a necklace named The Vamp. I like working with the ribbon and wispy things.......here is a fuzzy close up of the beads and some of the wispies.........













This bracelet is called Shine and does it sparkle, it is one of the styles that I call Hoochie Mama, not really,it is an embellished square and takes a while to make, and has quite a few pearls and crystals on it.........hmmmmm, let me see if I can find Latte..........oooooo, you do have to see this one in person to appreciate it.............I have the coppery, cream and light brown beads, cones at the end and this wonderful glass brown bead at the end..........if this doesn't sell, well you know where it is going to end up........ME ME ME.....I have started a line of itty bitty little girl bracelets too...........









I have only created two of these to see how they will do.......both are very delicate..

OOOOO, look I found better pictures of Latte.........sometimes I just amaze myself!!!!!





This style of bracelet is called a faux crochet and you hardly know you are wearing it.........I think you could wear them for everyday and of course they just sparkle for evening wear too........one more set and I promise no more.
I Icall this set Tucson Freedom........the end. Hope you enjoyed seeing some of the pieces and of course I would love to hear comments.....pro and con.......what you like in jewelry and what you don't like, colors.........ooom colors, yes help me with colors. One lady in a class said she could never find anything in brown or purple.........so I have made quite a bit of that. What styles are you looking for...............help me out here ladies, please. I am serious, I would love ideas on what ladies want. Thank you for your patience........

No comments: