Thursday, June 12, 2008

Presidency anyone?


Anyone that wants the presidency so much that he'll spend two years organizing and campaigning for it is not to be trusted with the office." -David Broder

Ok, we are knee deep into the political season........conventions are coming, vice-presidents to be chosen, campaigning from high dollar a plate sit down dinners to the little town hall meetings , babies kissed and hands to be shaken.........oh my, sign me up for all the fun!!!!!!
I mean WHO really wants to be president of the United States of America??? Ok, it looks good on your resume, you are guaranteed protective service for the rest of your life and you get a library erected with your "important stuff" placed inside............but have you ever looked at the president as he leaves the office.............come on, compare pictures to when he entered........is it the same person? I have to assume the rest of my argument or question, as I have never actually met, spent time with or been asked to write a memoir for a president, but this is what I assume. I don't think they get 8 hours of sleep every night.........or every fifth night. They have to have someone with them 24/7 to protect them..........I'm sorry, but if I was in the bathroom, or in my bedroom, I just wouldn't want to know that someone was outside the door.......some things are personal!!!! I would assume you would have to be at the mercy of those that you work with - I mean, what if your personal aide/secretary was miffed at you and told you the wrong pronunciation of some county........egads, how embarrassing..........and who knows what war that would lead to? Two week vacations.......hello.........with the news reporters following you, and remember your personal protective service squad, the ever present phone ringing..........this to me isn't a vacation. Oh and what if you have just a normal off day.......we all have them...........trust me on this one, EVERYONE will know about it.......EVERYONE!!!! What if your wife goes to an astrologer for advice? your daughter sneaks out of the White House? your brother gets in trouble with the IRS? you are having problems with your bowels?, the list goes on...............I mean who really wants to be president. I get enough criticism just being me, a little known human wandering the earth..........why would I set myself up for under the microscope scrutiny? Sure power is nice (well I think it would be nice once in awhile), but to have to be accountable for the whole United States of America's policies.............no thank you, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

LOL Good post! I thought this was so true! Those poor men really do look 25-35 years older when they walk out of that job.

Mary Ellen said...

I love you Joanne Kennedy..........you comment....it makes my day!!!!!!! Do you know how excited I get when I see a comment......whooo whoooo!!!!