Tuesday, July 15, 2008

At the landing

Yesterday I showed you what was at the top of the whole set of stairs.........today, oh I can see you are all sitting at the edge of your chairs in delight and anticipation......this is what you see at the top of the first landing, before you turn to go all the way up the stairs..........shoot, if this whole thing keeps up, I'll be guiding you tile by tile, wood plank by wood plank and having to wake all of you up.........but I like to see this sort of thing, so I was in hopes that some people would like to see what are on our walls.

Hmmm, it appears that the middle stitchery is a wee bit crooked.....now don't you think that I would have seen that before I took the picture....yeah, but I didn't..........sigh. I embroidered this while I was pregnant with my last child, my son. I spent most of that pregnancy in a 5th wheel travel trailer, with two little girls, ages 4 and not even 1 and a husband that had a roving eyes. I had this forever and one year, my military children while they were visiting me, asked if they could take it.......as my sil was taking a framing class at the time...............wha -laaaaa, isn't the end results nice? I write something like that, and I sure don't mean it to sound like someone fishing for compliments..........it's a statement or words that I use quite often.........."isn't that nice, isn't this nice."


This piece of art has a good story to it.........as you know I like to think that I can make quilts.......I know that I LOVE quilts and appreciate the time and cost that goes into each and every stitch. When my mother-in-law passed, my ex, his brother and wife and I went to clean out the house.........oh what treasures we found. We found this quilt, that was in truth, quite bad condition, but it had such fancy hand work, and the material used, what was left of it, was gorgeous. I wanted it and so did my sister-in-law.......now before I could stop her.........she whips out a pair of scissors and cuts it in half................I just stood there with my mouth open........truly I think they had to tell me to breathe..........I couldn't believe it...........I would have told her to keep it, if I had known she was going to do that.............but there, it was done. The minute I saw my half, I knew what I was going to do with it. I had four good sections......well not perfect, as you can see, but four that were salvageable.........one for each of the children and one for us. That Christmas, I took them to a frame shop and had them framed for Christmas gifts. The gentleman that I took them to, was so nice and liked the idea that I was doing this, that he asked me questions about my ex's grandmother (oooo, forgot to mention, this was his grandmother's quilt, my mother-in-law's adoptive mother.) so I told him how she was a nurse in Canada and came to Wyoming as a mail order bride. He has all of this written up and placed nicely on the back of the frame. This household is lucky, as I have mine and they have theirs, so two get to grace this home. No, my ex didn't want it......

I bet you can't wait for the next area to show up tomorrow.........tee hee...........

No comments: