Sunday, July 27, 2008

Concert night


Yup, went to a concert last night......can you believe it, me a Nana, at a concert???? It was so totally different than I expected........totally. First I was wearing my lime green with pink flower jammy bottoms, with my pink jammy top, I made the popcorn, I was able to stretch out on the love seat, and I wore these adorable, free 3-D glasses supplied by the biggest discount chain store, Wal-Mart and I KNOW that I was just rocking and totally good looking at the Miley Cirus concert........
Yeah, the whole family settled in late late last night, (Dad recorded it since they went to a bar-b-que and I was doing other things) and we all watched it together. Ok, so I am completely and easily fascinated by the most mundane and simple things, but I just kept saying over and over again......." Aren't these 3-D glasses cool.......look how the things look......this is so cool." a few minutes would go by and I would start in all over again..." Aren't these cool you guys?".....pretty soon I could catch the vibes that I wasn't winning brownie points with my parrot like repertoire!!!! The youngest member, even tho' he does have a fairly good size melon head, well we had to tape his glasses to his head..........whatever works, right? He also flitted between whoever had the biggest stash of popcorn at the time.........and tired.....yikes he was tired, he had to jabber jaw through most of the concert to keep himself awake.........but it's amazing how you can block it out..........must be a gift passed down from parent to parent.
The best event of the night was Dad..........he has THE most amazing recliner/rock chair, in leather.........it is cush.......the boys in fact are downstairs now, re-watching the concert and sitting in it, like two young princes, at a private showing.........any ways, last night son-in-law has his glasses on and pushes the chair back.....yeah you guessed it......next thing we hear is this ZZZZzzzZZZZzzZZZZzzzz.........obviously not coming from the television screen.........I got to laughing.........it was a fun night............what did you do last night for enjoyment?

1 comment:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and spending time with the kids is always great.

We put it on for a few minutes to try out the glasses too. I don't know if we had different kinds here but we didn't think the glasses did that much. Everything looked black and white almost.

But none the less it still was a fun time for the kids.

I've been bad on reading everyones blogs for awhile so I just spent some time getting caught up on yours.

Glad to know you are doing well.

Hugs,
Joanne