Thursday, July 3, 2008

Doe a dear, a female dear, ray ...................


I love to sing........not good at it, but I love to sing. I have this twangy nasally voice, and sadly if I had to actually listen and hear my voice, I think it would get on my nerves........others say it doesn't bother them at all........see Kindness does count.......tee hee. I sing around the house, I sing in the car, I sing in the stores ( oh get me in a store that has some 60's music and I don't care if it's an automotive store, I'll stay forever!)
I like all types of music.........hmmm, think rap and heavy metal would have to be taken off of my list. I love the old groups the best......I mean the old groups........ do you know who these find looking people are? The Mamas and Papas.......think Michelle is the only one alive. Oh I can really get going on their music........here is another lady that I like -- Cher.
Now I have to admit that I am a child, hmmmm, teenager of the 60's, so I would be so silly to leave out this group..... The Beach Boys


Sadly tho', my listening ears are hearing a different type of music........I am back with Old McDonald and his farm, Mary and her lamb, Super Heroes and the dinousauers.........sigh.......I can't tell the times that I have been talking to a friend on the blue tooth and they will ask "What is that music?".......when I confess what it is, trust me their laughter is just not kind!!!!! Oh well, I shall develop a spine soon and teach the boys that they can share the cd player.........oh, I have already, semi-sorta........the littlest one likes the Beatles.........so I do get to play the cd from Love, that I purchased in Vegas after the show (I thought they would have to drag me out of there....I just knew they would come back and do some more...........I just knew it!!!)
























































































































Do you like to sing? I do.............shoot I will sing at the drop of a hat.........shoot, forget the hat, I like to sing. I make up songs, I make up words like some foreign language for a whole song.......I pretend I can sing opera, I pretend I can sing period.





My girl grandchildren and I would LOVE to grab a wooden spoon or spatula and sing our hearts out...........taking turns, singing together, swaying like a trio on stage, doing wild and in my case "I hope no one is looking right now" gyrations that people of certain weight just shouldn't do.........for some reason the boys don't do that with me.........wonder why?





Now I am not fooling myself, I am no singer, waiting to be found..........goodness no, I'm me, a person who use to be able to carry a pretty good alto sometimes a wee bit higher, in the school and church choir...........loved every minute of it too..........but am I EVER going to be famous and appear on a stage......nawwwwwwww, and that is ok folks.........totally ok.





My tastes are many and varied..........I like classical, I like reggae (though according to my ex, "it's the same damn song over and over again, just with a different song title" tee hee, give me a good latin, south of the border and I have to just MAKE my feet hold still...........being my age, I do find that I have slowly gone back to some of the older groups..........
recognize them? Mamas and Papas..............The Beach Boys





and goodness let us NEVER EVER FORGET The Righteous Brothers






















I remember a long long time ago, on the series Cheers, when Sam the bartender was teasing I think Kirstie Alley about what her favorite song was or the most favorite song of women.......anyways, in walks the Righteous Brothers singing Unchained Melody and she almost swoons (I am trying to be polite and not offend anyone here, but I think you know what I mean) right behind the bar............I have to agree, there is something about that song..........





Now I love to sing (ok pretend to sing) like Cher and sometimes I can even fool myself when I get into the spirit of Gypsies Tramps and Thieves..........
Oh and let's not forget Celine Dion..........yup I love to sing.......so if you ever get to spend some time with me, be prepared..........ear plugs, or better yet bring your wooden spoon and get ready to join in...............

No comments: