Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Last class.........

No, you don't need to go and get the bottle of Visine......it's just another blurry picture that I took.........first it was taken inside......the object has shiny parts to it and I am still learning..........hopefully some of the other pictures will be better, if not, well use your imagination and be kind........please. The title is a little mis-leading too, it isn't the last class that I WILL take, but the last one that I took.........last Friday. It was the beginning of wire working.....oh man, there were just two of us in the class and when you talk about opposites..........the other young lady has had some experience in metal working...me, well I am greener than photosynthesis and that is being kind. I did enjoy myself and learn, oh I can't even start to remember all of the things that I learned. The teacher is Liza C and has lots of patience, she supplies everything you need, including all of the pretty and unusual findings and beads...........the rest is history.........here are the end products:

same stone, as the top photo.thought maybe it was a better snapshot..........sigh

This stone is a sparkler.......think it is what is called dichon glass......if you look at the bottom part of the stone really really really hard, you can see part of the silver and where I pounded it to make it flat.......fun!!!!


I wouldn't have picked out this stone, but Liza picked it out so I could work on a certain wrap......and of course this and one other one are the two that everyone raves over..........at the top is a light lavender crystal......just sets it off.



















I love this blue oblong stone......it looks like those bottles that people use to carry a long long time ago, medieval time, with poison in it.....


























This last piece is my favorite........well guess this blue one and the next one are my favorite..........it is so Victorian...........thinking about hanging it from just either a black cord or ribbon.......

I love working in this new medium, but sadly I haven't been able to practise any of my new skills, not skills isn't the word, for that implies that I am comfortable with them and I still have to do a whole lot of practising........but I love working with the metal.......now to learn how to do a complete bracelet and or necklace.........will have to save up lots and lots of $$$ for the next two follow up classes...........sigh...........sure hope I can!!!!!

No comments: