Tuesday, July 1, 2008

looking for aliens????

I am laughing so hard........yesterday I wrote about cottages; today I aliens hanging out on my blog........you have to admit, I am kind of a renaissance kind of girl.....tee heee. What brought this thought to my wandering mind, came from the class I took last Friday. The instructor said that she was going to be doing a show in a few week, and of course me, being a drooling sponge, ready to soak up anywhere that is selling, or showing beads or finished jewelry, asked which one. She said that she was doing a Sci Fi show............well let's face it, I am not business genius........but once she explained that she and maybe one or two others have their jewelry there, that their sales are good.......it is a change of pace, women are women and will buy femmy, foo-foo things for themselves or as gifts where ever they go........it made sense.


I got wondering, why do all of the aliens always look the same......well not identical, but usually big eyes, long arms, only two or three fingers, half of them don't have mouths, (which is probably why most are so skinny, they must enter their world at the appropriate body proportions and don't have to worry about gaining weight!), and seem to be bent on sucking out our brains, knowledge, or our water supply. I think that is why I like the Star War series.......so many variations of the outer space inhabitants..........
Just rambling here, but if you don't have anything pressing today, give yourself a breather from your daily "to-do" things and wander into sci fi land and think about it.........oooo, I forgot, the other day the youngest grandson was on his 'repeating the same thing over and over and over and over' again until he gets some type of reaction............so out of the blue I asked him to tell me about the alien he saw...........oh man........listen to this:
green - rather unimaginative
three eyes
no nose
no mouth
just a 'widdle' hair and the girls wear those things in their hair (ribbons? barrettes?)
love this one...........BIG tummies and no belly buttons...........
lots of toes
I had him going for as long as his attention span could handle it...........and rather liked his version........what's yours?

No comments: