Friday, July 4, 2008

Red, white and blue


GOD BLESS AMERICA.....

I hope that you all are going to celebrate the Fourth of July in your own special way........
We were suppose to power wash the fence and deck, then start the process of re-staining both.......but alas, three days of on and off again rain has the boards swollen and we can't. Last year we went to the local parade, but nothing has been mentioned, so thinking since we are all still in our jammies and waiting for the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls to finish in the over, we are going to miss it this year..........I could be wrong.........nawwww, don't think so.
I have been trying to explain how and why we celebrate the Fourth of July to my seven year old grandson.........somehow the pilgrims get involved into his version each time......I guess technically the children/grandchildren/ great-grandchildren were the Boston tea party participants........and the reason the king wanted more
was because he wanted more crowns and jewels and cool clothes.............sigh, ok...........and the people of across the sea, they just had it (I liked that part.....just had it...wonder where he hears that phrase???? moi........naw)
so they dressed up like Indians and had a tea party. Now honestly I KNOW that he is thinking this type of tea party....... and let's face it, at seven as long as he gets the jest of the whole thing...............
I do hope we get to go to the fireworks tonight........I love the ohhhhs and ahhhhhs and "that one was my favorite". I think my favorite ones are the ones golden yellow kind, like the one below.......
I hope that you are celebrating our country's day of birth in your own special way........family, friends, alone........or maybe you are one of those that has to work to care and or protect the rest of us, and for that I thank you.............HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!












No comments: