Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another quote



Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.
— Yves Saint Laurent


Before I forget, the picture that is on the blog today was taken from The Vintage Workshop.........www.thevintageworkshop.com ......it's a cool site, especially if you are looking for anything vintage.
I have always loved clothes............now I was never a thin reed model, but I loved clothes. When I was single and working at the telephone company, I had matching shoes for outfits.......color wise........I wore a lot of flats, and I sure wish I could remember the name of them now, but I can't.....sigh.......like that surprises me!!!! Back then we "dressed" for work.....even at the telephone company where no one could see us, except the other operators.............but the day of the pantsuit was just barely peeking over the horizon, so nylons and dresses it was. Today, I still like to dress, but sadly I truly am not in the "circle" that has a lot of social functions to attend.......so I have a few nicer outfits for mass and holiday celebrating, but other than that, it's pants, capris and I will wear shorts around the house, but unless it is in the 100 degree temps, I rarely wear them out of the home............one my legs are so white that I could blind someone and two, my legs are far far far far far from my best feature. This year I hardly purchased anything new for the hot weather.........hmmm, I think I purchased one new top for my vacation and then this past week, when my daughter from Why-oh-ming was here, 3/4's of my lunch landed on my shelf of a bosom, and I wasn't going anywhere looking like an advertisement for Red Robins, so we ran to Kohls and I bought two more tops............man I love that store.........good prices and nice styles..............I do like the quote tho'........it's like a lot of things........the out side shell is just that, a shell, what's under that shell is much more important............

No comments: