Thursday, August 28, 2008

another quote

I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.
— Anna Freud
What can I say.......that pretty much sums it all up.........I just have to keep repeating it to myself and start believing it. This morning I was packaging up a bracelet that had been ordered and I had stuck in a little something extra, why?. because I had totally forgotten about the order and felt super terrible.......thank goodness the person who ordered this bracelet is a friend and knows me.........and my "duhness!!".......also sent a little surprise to someone else in the form of jewelry and I just stopped...........I would never have thought in a million years that I would end up making and playing with beads and pearls and things that go sparkle.........me........the lover of material and painting.........but one day I just decided I would take a beading lesson and the rest is history. Now I am going to take some metal classes for jewelry and see if I can conquer my fear of "oh man, mine doesn't look very good" and keep trying to improve until I feel that maybe someone else will like it too.............after all, the strength and confidence will come from within......I carry it with me.........right?

No comments: