Sunday, August 31, 2008

Creative week-end












I rarely if ever take two classes two days in a row, but when they are offered at times that I can take them..........well........a gals got to do, what a gals got to do!!!!!

The one above is called a chain maille..........well the back of it is. It is made from sterling silver jump rings and is the box stitch.......it was a challenge at first, but once I caught on, away I went. I just made the back of the bracelet and it has two lobster claws on either side........so you can attach different fronts.........here let me show you.........
Now I can make different fronts to attach to it...........this is the one I created yesterday. The stones are garnet.........I am so pleased with how it turned out.........and I rarely say that about anything I make..........I can always find fault with something...........this, well I am keeping it and so excited about it...........
The next bracelet is the class I took on Friday night...........I made EVERYTHING on this bracelet except the beads..............everything!!!!! Jump rings and all.............it was a learning lesson.........I enjoyed the class too...........and looking forward to designing more of this type.........
Here is a close up of the links and beads.......if you look really close, on each side of the bead is the tiniest little filigree copper bead........so small and dainty.
The next one I make, I am going to use these beads I think, as they will go better with the copper instead of the gold foil........which I had thought of that before........see how the links aren't the same size.........ok, some people would want them that way and I will make some that way, but for me.........I like via la difference..........
This last bracelet is one that I made last week sometime...........I call it the "hoochie mama" bracelet.........and it is a good seller for me..........you can wear it with everyday things or for fancy nights out...........ooooo, don't you think an all clear crystal type of thing would be fun for News Years Eve? Do I even know anyone that goes out for News Years Eve any more?
Here is a close up of the beads and pearls............
Oh, the more I think of it.........sheer crystals and such with a few pearls thrown in..........sparkle, sparkle. What do you think.............I would appreciate any and all comments.........

No comments: