Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 2

I just started to think.......remember when people would go on vacation, years ago, and then bring over the slides to watch them............B O O O O O R I N G!!!! So I sure hope you aren't bored with my vacation........well at least you have the option of finding another blog to read.........tee hee..........
It's my story and I am sticking to it............no early starts for us............we bought breakfast foods and had that in the room each day..............plus sit out on the balcony/porch and jabber jaw most of the morning away..........and with one bathroom, well with two mature women, it just takes longer.........what can I say?
We went to Burlington, VT on Monday..........our main objective was to reach the Lake Champlain Chocolate factory and take a tour..............well we actually made it..........didn't get lost, well come to think of it, I guess we did have to pull over and check the map a few times, but we didn't have to ask any natives..............one for us. Due to health regulations, you can't actually go inside the factory...........but they have a nice seating area with big windows where you can watch the process and a nice young lady talks to you about how the company got started and the different parts of the whole process. It was quite interesting....................but wait, now comes the tasting part...........now I have had some good chocolate before, but my oh my, we are talking chocolate heaven on earth..............oh to die for..............and I do like chocolate, but I am not one of those that gets cranky without it, but trust me, now that I have had GOOD chocolate, well life will never be the same now..........tee hee. The gentleman that started this company use to own a restaurant called






we decided to go there for our late lunch. We were caught in that twixt time of day, not lunch, not dinner............but they had just what we wanted.............my friend had a lobster salad and shoot, right now I can't remember what I had.........it was something fishy tho'.............it was good. Next door was a florist/gift shop that I had to snap flower photos.........
















They had this statue too.........I am not a red hat lady, but thought it was a hoot...........so here I am in all of my large glory......















Now we had to figure out how to get down to Lake Champlain.......one way streets and no parking can get confusing for tourist you know.......

















































I love this next picture........see how clean the water is, and it is right there where the boats are all tied up and tourist everywhere........and I know that these are weeds (aren't they?) but still to have them growing like this.........
We walked farther out on the boardwalk and we noticed that a storm was coming in............I don't know if you can see it that well in the photo.........it was cool...............by this time we were getting use to the storms..........well I was, I wasn't driving!!!!!!
On the way down the hill to the wharf, we spotted this cool sign

The Skinny Pancake...........well what the heck, we were on vacation..........so in we went................oh my gosh........we had an apple cinnamon crepe with vanilla ice cream - and we were conservative.........we split it!!!!!!! It was to die for and right now I would love to be there again and having one!!!!!!
We came back to our little area around the resort and actually had dinner.........it, again, was a challenge just to find something plain........I never realized that many chefs existed in the state of Vermont!!!!!!!!!

No comments: