Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's a Tuesday

It is Tuesday, and raining...........we need the rain so badly. Of course I just left rainy Vermont.......and trust me, those natives had, had it with the rain!!!
I mentioned yesterday that my daughter from Why-oh-ming was here............it was so much fun. Rarely do I get to spend time with my children alone anymore.............now don't get me wrong, I love all of my grandchildren, my son-in-laws and all of the extended family that marriage blesses us with (and I have been blessed in that department), but spending time alone with one of my three chillun', well it is like a mini vacation. I have always known that my daughter is a crowd person...........like big avoidance of crowds.................but re-experiencing it with her had me laughing up a storm. On Saturday there was a bead show, we get about 4/5 a year in this area and I try to attend each one, looking for bargains and trying to find lower priced items like pearls.............love those pearls! We arrived quite soon after it opened........she walked in with me, we did 1 booth and then as we were bumped, nudged, elbowed, feet walked on and totally mauled, she looked at me and said " Car keys please.........I can't do this." I looked and saw that this was a joking matter.........she had to get out. Later she did come back and we worked out the best system, she would watch me and see if I was actually purchasing something in a particular booth, get in the line from Timbuktu and I would hand her the items and $$ and I would move on to the next booth........anything to get me out of there faster.............it worked for me. I gave her a few options for lunch and she chose Red Robin, as there are none in Why-oh-ming.....totally forgetting the noise level.............she looked at me and just shook her head........I had to laugh. We were blessed to with two families that had children that were out of control.........I mean out of control............makes me shake my head. Now here is the kicker..........we were off to to Sea World..........now she handled the crowds there just fine.............but we were also out in the open too.........think that makes the difference for her........I don't know, but trust me, if we went on a ride and it involved water..........we were the two out of the whole group that got it............I mean the only way we could have been wetter is to have been bigger...........egads I think we had about have of the Guadalupe River soaked into our clothes!!!!!! We didn't take the camera as I didn't want to chance it getting wet or broken..........so you are saved from those family photos............tee hee........Well off to do some errands............hope everyone has a nice day.

No comments: