Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And the winner is...........



Today is the day.........and the winner is..........Silverhartgirl. I did email her, at the email address that is attached to her name, so I hope she gets it. You know sometimes that wild and crazy world of emails can be a little like a road trip with me........and if you have a fear of the unknown, well fasten up your seat belts and hang on.

I am so looking forward to today.........just because if all goes well, I am planning to work on some jewelry and hopefully go to school and have lunch with my grandson. Lunch at the school is always an adventure.........always. First you have to decide what fast food establishment will get your $$$$........then getting the food and drink into the building, along with making sure that Andrew, the faster-than-a-speeding- bullet almost 4 grandson, doesn't do something weird ......and I have tried the "be a helper" "Nana needs helps" type of thing..........some days it works and others, well it just gets nothing. Now you have to sign in (a good thing) and then fight the other 199 mothers that are there to eat with their child. There are round tables that you can sit at, if you are visiting with your child........but not enough for everyone...........so if you don't get there to claim one, you are stuck eating at the regular tables with a bajillion other little munchkins. The noise..........oh the noise...........it is a combination of the crowds cheering on the home team and a gaggle of geese at feeding time.............but yank up the sound waves to torture level. I think it's the sound that gets to me the most..........not the kids picking their noses and then eating, not the little boy sitting all by himself with no pal to eat with, or the little girl who is crying for some unknown reason..........it's definitely the noise. Well, besides all of these negative remarks, I do enjoy seeing my grandson's face light up when he sees that we made it for his lunch hour...........it just shines...........

Hope you all have a beautiful day.................

3 comments:

silverhartgirl said...

Thank you for picking me!
I hope everything goes well and you have a wonderful time eating with your grandson.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to silverhartgirl!

The noise makes me a little crazy too but nothing is worse than the noise on the schoolbus to me. I can't do that. I feel like my head will explode.

Carole Burant said...

Congratulations to your winner:-) I hope you survived lunch with your little grandson! hehe I remember when I'd go help out at lunch time at school when my boys were little, I would come home afterwards wondering what train had hit me! lol xox