Thursday, October 2, 2008

Is it fall ya'll ?






Well is it fall ya'll? I talk to my family in Wyoming and they are wearing sweatshirts and long sleeves, jeans.......same with my family in NH and MA.......friends in MI are saying it is chilly there too.........sigh........in Texas....well the numbers are in the 90's........still. October is my favorite month in Texas......we can still wear shorts (if you can wear shorts outside of the home), capri's, sandals........no heavy jackets yet. I do miss the actual feel of fall.........you know, the crispness of the air. I want to say the smell of leaves burning, but is there anywhere that you can still burn leaves. Speaking of leaves.......well no colors like this in our area..........not sure if anywhere in Texas would there be a change of color. Now we do have leaves tho'.....so we rake, but I don't see kids running and jumping in them anymore..........it's like there is so much to do




that families don't want to take the time to rake and re-rake........sigh.........there goes another one of my memories........oh my, not that I would try the running and jumping any more.......first the sight of an overextended in girth Nana plopping down into a pile of leaves is just........well, more than the average mind could handle........and for me, well I just don't need to break anything. There aren't any cider mills around, well none that I know of...........

oh fresh apple cider........not that drained and pure liquid in the grocery store, but that fresh pressed nectar.........ooooo, I can just taste it. Now we do have a real pumpkin patch and we went last year, and I am assuming that we will visit again this year. It is fun. Pick out your own pumpkin,

take a ride in a wagon to the pumpkin patch, play area for the kids, a cornfield maze....and trust me, you could get lost........they do have young adults sitting up on stands (like lifeguards) to help you, if you start to look panic........you know, like me!!!. Sweet corn on a stick and THE best fresh squeezed lemonade........I haven't tasted anything like this, since my Aunt Greta's homemade lemonade.........good stuff.

So is it fall ya'll (I do detest that "ya'll" thing)? I say it is..........just celebrated differently in different parts of our beautiful and loving land of Unites States.............have a good day.......share a smile.........

6 comments:

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

I know its fall, how do I know this fact.........well in my neck of the world we had snow this morning!!
Diane at Crafty Passion

Anonymous said...

Yep, we're wearing jeans, sweatshirts and jackets here and I like it. Fall is the reason I live in the midwest.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth

andsewon said...

Yes Mary we have fall...early morning temps in 40's for 2 days so far....very wet dews no frost thank goodness. Our days warm up to high 70's too.
Lots of Fall Fests here , a big one this weekend , alas we can't go this year.
Sorry but I am a ya'll gal...southern belle that I am...;-)
Lola

Needled Mom said...

Great thoughts on fall. Ours started off warm, but has cooled down this week.

Nancy said...

Isn't Fall just the best time! We have an apple orchard nearby that also has pumpkins and the tractor ride, etc., but I have no grandchildren to take! LOL

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Sharon said...

I came here from Pea's corner.
I read your post and I must say it was great.
We are having fall here and a few mornings of light frost.
I am wearing the jeans,sweatshirts.
Have a nice weekend.