Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh the drama



art by Mary Engelbreight


Oh what drama was performed this morning early..........brotherly drama. Now before we go further, I am an only child.....didn't understand my own children bickering and fighting and I definitely don't understand my grandson's bickering.......two little boys have never had more than they do.......the end).

As normal morning go, Daniel likes to eat at school.......I don't know why, he does......so he is allowed to........ok, so after dropping him off, Andrew and I come home and we eat our breakfast......Andrew likes cereal, yogurt, pop tarts or in the last two weeks, he has attached himself to toaster strudels (I'm thinking it's the icing that he can put on himself........but what do I know)........so as I stumble out from my bedroom, I noticed that there was a plate and glass of milk on the counter........Dan told me he had his breakfast already...........HE ATE THE LAST toaster strudel!!!! THE LAST ONE........is anyone getting the drift of this......oooooo, I left out the key to this whole drama, when the first toaster strudels entered this home, Daniel stated loud and clear, " I don't like them.".............aha...............but once a brother finds out that another brother likes something and there is only one left of that object..........well, I am beginning to understand.......it seems that instant love appears for that particular thing.................right? Oh my, first it was the look of shock on Andrew's face, then this horrid keeling and wailing........I thought I was at an old fashion Irish wake, this child is good!!!! He would calm down and then out of no where, he would say "Day no more in da house." and the noise would start........it was horrid. I finally got them both in the car, dropped off Daniel and then told Andrew that I would take him for a doughnut......but we had to eat at home, since he wasn't dressed and it was a pre school day. OK.........into the doughnut shop.........me lugging this 40lb child (he didn't have shoes or slippers on either) and he is pointing out the doughnuts........I buy, and then this comes out of his mouth..........and not quietly either.........."Hey, look Nana, spookee boys." Two young men, dressed in all black and the 4 foot spiked hair were sitting at a table eating doughnuts and cartons of milk..............I told Andrew they weren't spooky, but would he let it go............oh no, "Yes Nana, day spooookkkeeeeeee, big spooookkkeeee!" I am thinking that the rest of this day has to improve..........right?

Oh, you know me and smiles, look what arrived in my email mailbox today.........I love it.

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
Thich Nhat Hanh
Have a good day, and share a smile...............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will laugh about that a lot when he gets older!

Nancy said...

And to think I am missing out on all that fun since I have no grands at all! LOL You are a saint of a grandma!!!

Loved your beadwork....you have better eyesight than me, that's for sure!

Have a great weekend!

(((((( HUGS ))))))