Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dining Rooms

All of these pictures come for Country Home.........one of the magazine that I subscribe to.......along with Country Living. I would like to find a nice "cottage" magazine.....any suggestions?
The picture above, to me, just says " come on in, grab a cup of coffee/tea and let's sit and catch up with each other." I truly don't think I ever have created one of those dining room areas.......oh I have had some pretty dining rooms, but not like this. Actually this picture was in the dining room area of the site, but I am thinking to me that it looks more like a kitchen dining space.........
Now this definitely is a dining room, dining room. I like this look, but I think what I like the best is the flooring. Oh how I would love to have home with wide plank floors. The color of the furniture is another thing that I like.
Again this was listed in the dining room area, but I would classify this as "eat in kitchen" spot. Isn't it cozy? Ok, you couldn't serve a huge holiday meal, but this could be one of the kid's tables.......and I would raise my hand to eat with them.
Found this on a site that was called Shabby Chic Furniture.......I would feel comfortable here.

I like this one too, but this one seems a bit more formal........which I like too, but I find myself going to the more casual part of my soul lately.


I know, I know......totally different..........but I do like the French county style, along with the English garden style, shabby chic, cottage........
I have no idea why I wanted to share pictures of dining areas today.........I do know that my A drive froze up on my computer..........so off to my favorite computer store to buy an outside A drive so I can finish up the floppy transfer.........I made some progress.......I was truly glad when I found disks that I had actually given labels to the pictures, that alone cut down a big amount of time.
Well I am going to slowly back away from the computer and get on with my Sunday........will be anxious for my daughter to get home and share her adventure of the marathon. We will not be going downtown to cheer her on.........first the boys would get antsy, second the driving down there will be terrible today and most importantly forget finding a parking spot. They are encouraging the runners to park at the AT&T center and use the shuttle.....think that is what her group of ladies did............will let you know tomorrow how she made out.
Have a good day, the sun is shining today, it's a wee bit nippy for our area and I know I will share a smile or two...........

1 comment:

J'Ollie Primitives said...

I have dining room envy. Big time. One of these days my home will NOT look like a warehouse....