Saturday, November 29, 2008

THE END

This will be the last of the quilts..........some of you will be doing a sigh of relief, others will be doing a sigh of wanting more...........



See the flowers on this........they are yo-yos? Material yo-yo's




If you don't know what they look like, here is a close up..........easy to make, but they do take time, tracing the template (pattern) over and over, and then cutting them out and sewing them by hand.......time.......any ways, I thought this would look good on a little girl's bed.........whoa, the quilt guild member and my friend both looked at me with horror..........seems both of their grand daughters have a tendency to be like Andrew............you know.........take apart and destroy...........so guess this won't be showing up in either of these households!!!!!




Ho ho ho..........did you brave the crowds and go shopping yesterday? Not me..........nope did it twice in my life..........can't for the life of me remember what convinced me to do it the second time.........surely at the younger age I remember my wanting to strangle, mangle and sit down on the floor and cry.......then pick myself up and run for the nearest wine bottle...........






Sun bonnet Sue.......you either love her or just appreciate the hard work that went into it and walk away...........me I appreciate the hard work, I truly do.





OOOO, this one is striking........I wish you could have seen it in person..........that black just makes everything pop........again, I wish I had taken close ups of some of the blocks.................just gorgeous.

Bright, cheery, and just plain eye catching............and how much do you want to bet that is was hand quilted??? Oh that Miss J, she gets right up there and personal with those hand quilted ones..........tee hee.
The end...........this last one was taken at "my" bead shop........someday I am going to go and just take pictures of all of the beads inside.........just eye candy. Oh and I am writing this on 10/12/08 and I am sure that someone will have already shared the name of that block........but I remembered on my own.......the mariner's compass.........oh I get so giddy when I do remember on my own.........

Well tomorrow I will be flying back..........hmmmm, wonder what I should post for that day??? Another surprise in store for you...........






No comments: