Saturday, November 15, 2008

Floppy disc


Ah, the floppy disk, it has had it's day in the limelight, just as the beautiful Ziegfeld Ladies did. I think that I mention before that I would never win a leg contest......even as a child I never had well defined legs......one size up and down.......guess I totally skipped the pretty leg line before I was born.......but look at the beautiful legs of these Ziegfeld ladies...I don't know if it is the pose, the heavy gauge of nylons worn; whatever it is, they do have pretty legs. Oh dear, now I suppose you are wondering if I have an obsession for legs..........sigh.



Well, back to the floppy of diskette subject. My very first and in fact I still have it...........but the screen is so scratched and a few other problems also, digital camera used floppy disks. Which is another thing, these disks are like hard pieces of plastic, so why did they call them floppy? Honest to Pete, the first time I took a computer class and the instructor told us to get the floppy disk.....well I went into a panic........I was looking for something floppy.........yeah another highlight of my adult lift.......tee hee.
So now here it is 2008 and I have over 182,374,992, 340,284 floppy disk. Sooooooo, I am bound and determined before we leave San Antonio (I don't want to go!!!!) I am going to go through each and every one of them, and put them into files, and once completed, either put them on a cd or one of those zip things that you plug into your tower............sounds simple, huh?



Well I thought so too..........so far I have downloaded quite a few............but I look at the pile left and I just sigh......no I mean I really sigh!!!! I am trying to do them in a certain way.........like find and download all of the ones of the grand babies and family...........now see that alone gets me into trouble.........I just get all mushy and start to think about the day it was taken and how cute they were (and still are of course)..........so I am going to try to do those on the week-ends when the adults are home and can care for the boys. I won't be interrupted as much........I think.


So before I start rambling and going down all different types of paths, I think I will just stop........yup, I am going to have will power........just stop and go tackle a few of the disks......wish me luck........and time........









































































































































































No comments: