Sunday, November 30, 2008

I made it.....I did, I did !!!!

Wrote this in October and decided to save it for posting while I was away in New Mexico.........



Remember the cake recipe that I shared awhile back.............welllllllllll, lookee lookee, I actually used the kitchen for what it is suppose to be used for...........a place for preparing food. This cake is just beyond words.........in fact no one says anything while they are eating a piece, as they are just enjoying the moist cake and well how do you explain and share the frosting........hmmmm, think of the most wonderful day of your life, now imagine doing something that you have always wanted to do, and doing it............well the frosting is that good............trust me.............no, don't trust me, make it. Honestly, the longest part of the whole thing was peeling the apples and chopping them up. I only put pecans on part of it, as the boys usually aren't into the nut thing.......now since the adults are the ones eating this like crazy, I may go ahead and put more pecans on the rest. The boys like it, but they would rather have these store bought Halloween cookies or ice cream..........the flavor we have right now is cinn-a-bun.........oh man, another goody.
I like trying new flavors.........now I KNOW I don't like bubble gum flavor.....took a wee bite of one of the boy's cones........yuck-o big time. I do like wedding cake flavor.....oh man it's better than plain vanilla (if that is possible) but not overly sweet.......just right. Hey we had peanut butter something or other a few weeks ago............that was good too. Love maple walnut and butter pecan..........not real fond on the chocolate types, hmmmm, wonder why? I won't refuse a bowl if it's offered, but won't be my first choice. Hey let me know if you make the cake.........


No comments: