Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas cards..........



I love receiving Christmas cards.........when I see the envelope in the mailbox (ok, for many of us we have mail cubicles now!!!! Yes I understand it is more time efficient and cuts down on the gas and ya da, ya da, ya da,........me, I like the old fashion mailboxes, so if you still have one......cherish it.) I just start getting excited......no, I really do. Someone has thought enough about me, to actually take the time to send me a card. Slowly but surely, Christmas cards have gotten fewer and fewer.......so when I receive one, I cherish it. I did a little grab off the Internet for what I consider nice cards..........and I am starting to see that I am a true lover of red.........so many have red. Ready for a little Christmas card viewing?

I appreciate each religious card I receive........some touch me, like the one above.




This card is simple and yet the simplicity of it draws me to it...........egads, starting to sound like art appreciation 101..........hmmmm, sorry about that.


again, red and simple..........are you starting to see a real pattern here.............but don't give up on me, I have others.

Ok, red, but much more whimsical...........I was trying to convince my daughter to save cards with pretty fronts........we usually do, and then use them for To and From tags on packages....BUT sadly, with the price of mailing boxes, and since everyone lives away from us, we do a whole lot of gift cards, so the To and From things isn't being used............but wouldn't card fronts done up in black frames all over the house, be an inexpensive way to fill in your holiday decorations?




Love my main man.........and that is what I usually send.......a card with some type of special Santa on it.






















I like the rustic simplicity of these too and of course the fat snowman is always a favorite.




















Now I have one friend that makes her own cards.....oh let me tell you, when I see her card in the mailbox I really get excited. Some years they have been so spectacular.......not in that they were layers if layers of paper and glitter, but that they just shouted "I made this." I don't many people who takes the time to make hand made Christmas cards.........well they rate really really high in my book......it's something that is never going to happen in this household......from either me or my daughter.


Here are some hand made cards that I found...........






Today I would like to think that I will get around to starting on my cards.........I don't send that many.....sadly my world has grown smaller. I know some of you are waiting for me to bring up the annual Christmas letter.........I like them..........I do. Some I have to admit I just breeze read, because you can only take so much of the wonder of the family and the 14 gazillion accomplishments; others I truly read and relish each word.........so yes I do like the annual Christmas letter. I try to sign mine in either red or gold........depends on which pen will actually write........some I sign with Merry Christmas, Noel, some with Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad, Buon Natale..........depends on the moment, but believe me, with each one I sign, I do think of that person.......so maybe that is why I hope that the art of sending Christmas cards isn't lost........someone thinks of me and I of them..............have a good day........share a smile.


No comments: