Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cross stitched Santas

Once upon a time (now you KNOW it's going to be good when it starts out like this_) in the mind of a far younger me, I dreamt that I would make a new cross stitch Santa each year (it gets better). In this fantasy, I would not only make one for myself, but as my children grew and established homes and families of their own, I would do one for them too............so right away, you KNOW this blog isn't going to be that long.................

I have no idea which one was my first..........ohhhh, I think I do.........here is it.........

I use to put all of these in a group on the stairway at my home, here they are scattered everywhere.......including the two that I did for this daughter. I have no idea what order these were made except the one that has a date on it..........so here it goes..........

















This happy little guy was done by my daughter in Why-oh-ming quite a few years ago........see the little tree and Santa.......those are new this year.......a BIG mark down at Hobby Lobby.

Again, not a Santa, I did this for my Mum, sadly she died before I finished it, I have a so many tears staining this one. I placed it in a frame the minute it was done, and it should be taken out and re-framed, but I've said that for almost 16 years and still haven't done it............
I seem to be the only one that likes this Santa (guess they won't be fighting over this one after I am gone.........tee hee). He has sequins, beads and lots of glitz, doesn't show up much in the picture........


Hmmm, not Santa either.........tee hee.......one year I thought I was an artist........I have got to stop having these moments of thinking.......I found a pattern in a book or magazine and turned it into a watercolor........did three of these.........know where two are, have no idea on the third.
Remember the first Santa I shared, this was also in the same magazine........
Found this one and knew right away I HAD to do it for my military kids.......and now here I am getting to enjoy him too.........
Again, not a x-stitch, but I can remember when I did this one so clearly. It was a Friday night and I was just antsy, I don't do well painting at night, but I grabbed some muslin, ironed it on some wax paper and just started........the tree and star are polymer clay buttons I had made....I snapped a picture and emailed it to my daughter (I was doing a big bazaar that year and was trying to have lots and lots of inventory) she called me right away and told me it was SOLD......I am so glad she bought it (I know, I know, selling to your own kids is tacky, but between both of my daughters, I would never have had inventory.)
I did a bazillion of these one year.........2000........not sure if you can see the date or not.......probably not. I purchased this from http://www.cedarberrystitches/, she has the most wonderful stitchery patterns........I just went and this patten isn't there any more, but some really really cool Christmas ones are..........please go visit if you have a minute.........tell her that Mary Ellen from her old old old old Internet group sent you.......tee hee.
I LOVE this Santa. I started him in January and it took me forever.....have no idea why either, it isn't a hard pattern at all.........oh well, he was completed and framed.

Now I am working on an embroidery quilt/wall hanging of snowmen........let me see if I can find a picture of it


I think I have four of the areas completed.....then to sew them together, do the feather stitch where you sew them together.......and I am thinking of adding sparkly beads to the snowflakes and red beads to the holly area...........put a border on it and wha la........a wall hanging..........or course I have seen it completed........ooooo, let me go and see if I can find the one from the quilt show.....be right back. I really really do like it finished as a quilt, so will see what happens when I get the blocks embroidered, sewn, beaded and feather stitched.............don't hold your breath.

The cute little Santa at the top, it was designed by a very talented woman, who (or is it whom?) I have lost track of.........her name is Melissa Bennett and we were in a group together......if anyone knows her - last known state of residence was Florida........well I would like to get in touch with her.........she was a hoot and encouraged me in certain areas and I would like to tell her how my life is going..........so any help there would be appreciated. She use to post on Prim and Rustic on the Delphi groups........haven't been there in ages.........

Well what I thought wouldn't be a long blog, did turn into quite a little share........

Hope you are all having a good day...........I haven't smiled yet today.........not a good sign, huh?







































































































1 comment:

Nancy said...

You sure have done a lot of cross stitch in your day!!! Everything is just beautiful!!! I love all of your ornaments, too! Send some of that snow my way....to SC! It is warm here today....doesn't even feel like Christmas!

I enjoyed my visit!!! You are so very talented!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))