Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some of our Christmas ornaments......

Here is another Mary Engelbreight piece of art.........isn't it funny, but I have the hardest time reading the wording on it.........it say 'believe'........but for some unknown reason I really have to focus to see it, once I do, well it's there............sigh.
I took pictures of some of the ornaments on our downstairs tree......it's the family tree........but I notice that it is mostly my ornament tree........there is another tree on the stair landing, which is covered with ornaments I exchanged with Internet friends and the one in the room upstairs is suppose to be the one that the boy's put their ornaments.........
Here we go:
I thought everyone in my generation had one of these bears.......seems like while I was growing up they did......now people look at me........but this and the next were from my first Christmas......so they are antiques!
He use to have that angora fuzzy fur around his tummy and beard.......well that has disappeared long ago.........for being 60 year old, they both have held up quite well.

Yup, it's a glass cow........my daughter bought it for me last year.......it's a lousy picture, but I just fell in love with it and kept going back to it and giggling.......when we got up to the cash register I looked in her basket and there it was..........
Gave these to the boys last year.......they look so festive and fancy dilly-ishous.
Made these and gave them in exchanges and for the family after 9-11
Made lots and lots of the light bulb Santas........this one looks rather Russian.....his hat is made from some potpourri goodies......double bonus, worked well and smelled good too.......tee hee.
Some of the photos, no most of the photos are quite blurry..........oh well, if I delete these and start all over again, I know it won't get done...........Made some of Baby Jesus a few years ago.....they didn't sell as well as I thought they would........
Received this from the sister that taught me in first grade.........I can't remember her name......bet she can't remember mine either............
My baby shoes, I usually put my high school graduation tassel with it, I was in Albuquerque when the trees got decorated, so I am sure the men had no idea what that tassel was........ The boys here got this Santa for Christmas this year. My three grandchildren in WY received ornaments from the Alamo. I bought some for our tree too, gave them to my daughter, but she can't remember where she put them.........I love it........
Whoa, a real flash glare here.........bought this in Albuquerque......it says Drama Queen, and that is what my sil says I am, so I had to get it.......he laughed when I showed it to him.
My daughter bought these at Cracker Barrel the other day, one for each boy. Being military, they are always concerned how Santa will know where they are. There is a little story about the key to your house so Santa can get in and he will know where you are..........thought they were cute.
These aren't all of the ornaments, trust me, but thought I would share a few.........I know we all do this, putting them on the tree, we all think of when they were given to us, who gave them to us, where we purchased them..........good memories.
Hope your day was a good one..........smile.......

























No comments: