Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wonderful and new experiences........


We had such a nice Christmas...........church on Christmas Eve, a relaxed opening of gifts, a fantastic Christmas meal and over all just a nice day.

I have NEVER EVER done the "get up in the dark-thirty" shopping thing.........NEVER EVER. Well yesterday I did......it was fun. We hit JC Pennys first.........5:30a.m and we arrived at 5:10, and no one else was in the parking lot.........we were a little worried, but then, and I kid you not, it was like a caravan of crazed and glazed looking women........it was rather scary to be truthful. My daughter came out with lots of goodies for the family.........sadly for me, well the big mama section just didn't have anything that made me swoon, one sweater and one pair of pj bottoms.......we paid ( I checked out first) and while Jenn was paying for her bazillion treasures, I wandered........I promised to stay right there in the jewelry section.........and I did.........and thank goodness I did too. Look what I found..........

It's a jewelry box that hangs on the wall.........I can't seem to get the picture of it to copy of it open to share , but when open it has spots for necklaces, rings, bracelets,etc. I use to have this stand up jewelry case (you know the actual piece of furniture case), but I gave it to my daughter......so now my pieces are jammed and crammed and now I have this wonderful treasure......it won't take up any room on my already messy bureau and I can put different pictures in the front........not sure how I will use the front........as I have special frames for the grandchildren........
We went to Kohls next, and again not much for the big mama.......what I am looking for are turtle necks and light long johns..........did I share that our next assignment is going to be Alaska!!!!!!!!
Did find some sheets that I wanted........as I am going to break down and buy a twin bed, as base housing delivers small bedrooms and as we all know, my bedroom is my retreat and storage area.........so today I am going to go bed hunting. Ended up at Target where I purchased two movies for New Years Eve....for the adults........oh man, now I forgot the names of them. That was a huge splurge for me.
Now I am leaving some of the fun out........my daughter and I went au natural.......combed hair, but not "done", NO make-up, and we didn't shower............now we weren't the only ones and that made us more comfortable.............BUT some shoppers HAD to come dressed to the 9's, make-up, jewelry and we just had to shun them.........tee hee. There were no fights that I saw......... the sales lady shared a couple stories with us from last year.........ladies almost duking it out..........can you imagine. We came home and another first for me.........I slipped into my bed and slept for 3 hours..........can you imagine?

Last night we had another special and fun time..........we went down to the river walk and ate at

I have never been there and oh it was fun.........I think I enjoyed it as much if not more than the boys.........I loved the stools.........
Of course it helped that certain people were sitting on them..........tee hee..........
Wonderful and enchanted creatures everywhere.....















This charming croc kept the boys and a whole passle of children occupied for a good long time.......and thank goodness, as the wait is long..........me, I can just watch people and enjoy myself.......oooo and sometimes I make up stories in my mind.........
Here is the famous volcano dessert....when it is served you can hear the ooooga oooooga oooooga sound of the natives in the back round.......it is a hoot. Isn't the waitress just the cutest thing.....she just seemed so happy and peppy..........sadly our waiter was rather ho-hum, but the food was really good.
I am glad that our table wasn't located by any of the moving and noise making creatures.........soooooo many rude grandparents going around and snapping pictures of their grandchildren while you were eating.........oh my, I fit right into that category, don't I? Jenn said that Daniel (the oldest) looks possessed in this photo........oh my, I'll watch for more signs during the week.
Well I have to shower and dress..I know I am just going to pot.......relaxing like some type of royalty (except from what I read, royalty doesn't have it this easy.) Off to see beds and bedding........have something in mind and truly do want to stay within a certain budget.......so wish me luck.........
Hope your day is a good one.......I am off to test me patience and smile..........



No comments: