Monday, December 22, 2008

You guessed it........more Christmas

You only have to put up with me and my holiday spirit for a few more days..........
I wanted to share "our" house and some of our decorations..........so today and tomorrow there will be lots of pictures.......and sadly I am sure I will have lots of memory type comments......bear with me...........please.
The fireplace........the high heel boot was made for me a long long long time ago..........not my original stocking.......the Santa stocking I made for daughter when I was carrying her (did one for each of my children), Steven never had a stocking, so whipped one up for him when they married, and yes, all 5 grand children have the knitted stockings........oooo, not by me, but a dear friend is a knitter of the master degree...........none of the parents were thrilled when I did this..........tee hee. Since I have moved in with the kids, I have had shopping opportunities that before I only could dream of........and inexpensive shopping opportunities..........it's been a mini heaven for me.........so I have started adding a tree here and there..........bought this one two years ago......it's on the mantel......look at the picture above.
This I think was either Wally World or maybe TJ Maxx, just fun..........the snowman was something that I made a bunch of and gave to family.........
Found this one at a bazaar two years ago also........I didn't go to one single bazaar this year.......did you?
Shared this one already, but had to add it........it's this years addition. Hobby Lobby, love Hobby Lobby.......plus this is a new little Santa too.........
It's a tree, it's a wall quilt.......it was made for me by a very special lady. We moved one year right at Christmas time, trust me the circumstances weren't happy......not at all.....rather tense to be truthful.........wasn't going to be any tree, no decorations - as a true friend she knew what I was going through.......the emotions were off the roof and she wrapped this up in a lovely box, wha-la instant Christmas...........thank you Sharon.
Another Christmas gift from another quilting friend........she had done one for herself and her family and I just drooled and drooled over it...........you should see all of the little squares and half squares........I am talking some long hours..........Christmas morning I opened this up and ran to the phone to thank her over and over again.
This Santa was found in Albuquerque........half Santa, half snowman...........best of both worlds.
These fine gents are always in my bedroom......a wonderful California Internet friend blessed me with these (along with quite a few others.......the year I opened that box I cried and cried........so many Santas, so many different Santas........it was like a dream come true).
Residing right next to the chalk ware Santas is this music box........again I received this when I was a little girl.........plays Silent Night. It has seen better days, that is for sure, but I can't give it up.
Isn't this Santa wonderful? I received it last May from a very special young woman......she had it from the previous Christmas; sadly when I was in Why-oh-ming for the holidays she forget to give it to me...........so I have him also in my bedroom all year round...........
Hope you day is happy and that you are almost, if not, done for the holidays..........smile........smile.



























No comments: