Monday, January 12, 2009

Hair hair hair hair ..............

I totally forgot about this handsome fella........should have used him on January 1st........oh well, better late than never...........

Hair......now that was a good broadway musical. Of course I wasn't talking about 'that hair' in the title.......I was talking about hair styles. Man, we women, for the most part spend a small fortune on our hair!!! Just think what the impact would be if all women in just the United States of America quit going to a beauty salon..........yikes...........now that would be a major upheaval in the economy.......well wouldn't it?

Hair styles have changed so much........



















The Victorian era saw such "style", up dos with intricate curls and loops...........of course they didn't wash their hair everyday or every other either......so once it was wrapped for the night in a tight cloth, it stayed pretty good.

Here are a few more eras that I found


Now the lady with the feather was a 1920's flapper......the young lady was from the 30's...I personally don't see a whole lot of difference


Now comes the 1940's......

The sixties found a wide spectrum of dos..........




Remember the beehive......the ratting to get it so high.......we were crazy!!!!!
Sigh, trust me when I say that I have had long hair, braided hair, a dutch bob, a pixie (what a horrid choice for me that was), permanents, almost every shade of blonde, a wee bit of a red tint......never black........frosted, high light, low lights...........sigh..........the hair products of America saw plenty of economy flow from me..........I went to the beauty shop today, to get a trim......(oh and a wax..........why try to hide anything........the old upper lip does need the waxing). After I left I got to thinking "why don't you try something new?"...........shoot I knew the answer before I asked it............I just don't like to fuss and bother with my hair.........but I did go online and find what I thought were some cute hair styles for mature (?) women..............


My current style is most like the first lady...........what I really really like is this last one, with all of the curls...........of course a triple dipple permanent would be needed for my straight and fine hair..........but I do like that look............

How do you wear your hair? Is it colored? Long, short?

Hey have you smiled today? I've had a few good smiles already..........

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went from very long layered hair to super short over the Summer. Now I'm growing it out again, including my bangs. It's pretty much a mess! :>

Deb said...

I really hear my name calling out to me on this give away....Deb Deb that is the beautiful bracelet calling me...tee hee