Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sharing........

I have no idea where this happy fella came from......hmmm, maybe he was a Christmas card that I snatched.........he is perky and happy tho', isn't he? OOOO, and see how none of the socks match? Do you know that they actually sell socks like that? They do......honest to Pete, they do. My daughter in Why-0h-ming bought them a few years ago for both of her daughters for Christmas........they had the same pattern on them, but are different colors. She just loved them, because, bless both of my grand daughter's hearts and souls, both don't care if their socks match........ever! They both just love the world and tho' they both approach it totally different, they both aren't into that " matchy matchy" thing..........sometimes it would be nice if they were, but they aren't..........tee hee. One time I was going to a high school graduation party and asked if they wanted to go with me........they both jumped on that like a dog on a bone. When I went to pick them up........I ALMOST sputtered, then caught the laugh that was bubbling up inside of me, looked over at my daughter and she smiled and shrugged her shoulders.......one was dressed in a winter jumper, t-tards (our word for leotards/tights) and some sort of shirt...........the other little minx was dressed in some type of fairy tale ball gown thing............so off we went and they were the hit of the party.

Now for the sharing........I try to save all types of things.......shoot, if I don't save them I KNOW I won't be able to find them again..........so yesterday while I was looking for something else, I found some of these sites that I have saved..........if you have time, click on them and be prepared for some wonderful artistic talents from the world of altered art.........sigh........to be so talented.

http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/jeanettecobkintro.html this site has three or four sites under it, but one of the things I like about it, is the title and how it is written. It has the lined paper and the "correct" penmanship is used.........like it 'use to be' in the olden days of school.
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/bobbi.html This site's author shares how to transfer pictures onto other things..........one of the altered art on the bottom of the page just makes me laugh out loud......it has to do with wives, husbands and brownies........see if you think it's funny too.
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/karenann.html This lady shows or shares her wonderful postcards.........I would LOVE to receive any of these in the mail
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/doodles.html This is what you can do with a doodle.........me, I love the watercolor effects of this artist......
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/funfigs.html OH and this spot.........well it just reached out and grabbed me......altered art, but in figure/jewelry form (well I of course see the jewelry possibilities).
I hope you have the time to wander off to these sites.......but beware, take a cuppa and allow plenty of time.........it's like visiting blog land............you can get lost!!!
Now I am off to hunt the Internet........what for.......why to figure out how to put the Hot Wheels racing track back together.........who took it apart........Andrew...........did anyone save the instructions??? did the person who put it together for him originally remember how to do it??? do we even know if we have all of the pieces???? sigh..........oh well, that is what a Nana does, isn't it? And I am smiling as I sign off and put on my safari searching outfit on and say a prayer for guidance in the land of Hot Wheels........

No comments: