Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

How ever you spend this day, may you know that someone loves and cares about you......

Today I want to share a wonderful and true story. I am sharing this story before I ask permission if I can.......hmmmmm, didn't someone once say it was easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. Mostly I know 99.99% that the person who shared this family story with me, will not care.
I have a dear friend in Why-oh-ming..........well I have quite a few dear friends there.........but this particular friend comes from a very large Catholic family..........I want to say that she alone has 8 brothers and sisters...........I truly don't know the exact count. Now her grandmother was dearly loved; by everyone. Not just her family, but apparently by anyone that got to know her, kind of special person type of love. This special lady ALWAYS kept her toenails polished..........always. In fact her words of wisdom to her daughters and grand daughters were to keep theirs polished too. Sadly, my friend's grandmother passed away..............now this part of the story is a little foggy, I am not sure if there was a formal funeral/mass or the farewell and tribute took place in the mountains...........but this is where I know the rest of the story clearly.

Everyone, young, old, teen-agers, men, women, relatives and non all headed up to the mountains..........we are talking everyone. When they arrived at the pre-determined destination, everyone............yes men too, took off their shoes and socks and painted their toes bright red!

Oh for me, that is the best Valentines Day story that I can think of. Oh I know, getting engaged or getting married on this day is mushy and special too.............but this type of love and respect.......whoa, it says it all to me................
Hope your day is celebrated the way you want it to be..........sneak in a smile if you can...........