Sunday, February 1, 2009

Some sharing............

Well I do seem to be stuck in a rut with the monthly theme thing.........don't have many heart and Valentine type things, so will probably run out before the 14th.

I mentioned awhile back that I found some discs that had some of my old crafts on them......thought I would share some of them with you........now remember, these were done a few years back and at the time they were "hot" stuff..........tee hee.
I have no idea where this fine gent ended up at.........I do remember that I cut him out........oh I was rather timid around those saws for quite a long time.........once I conquered that fear, I was ready eddy.

I loved this saying.........did lots and lots of these and they sold like hot cakes. I even received an order from the nun at our little parish, she gave it to another sister for Christmas.........I of course HAD to do one for her and give it to her..........you should have seen her face when she opened it.......
Found this cheese box at a second hand store...........knew right away what I wanted to paint on it.......found the pattern and away I went. It sold so quickly..........now I wish I had kept it for myself.............















I loved to tole paint, hmmm, maybe it was more decorative painting..........I don't know, but I truly had to follow a pattern, now I could use different colors that what were advised in the pattern, but I am no artist.........shoot even with a ruler I don't make a line straight.......one more and then I will not bore you any more.
Made lots and lots of these little pins...........great stocking stuffers, teacher gifts, just a little something extra to add to a package. Guess what they are made from???? Vinyl flooring.........would go and ask for old left over pieces and the flooring store would gladly give them to me............they were fun.
Hope everyone is having a good day...........we were treated to the movie "Ink Heart" today..........it was good. I smiled and laughed.........

2 comments:

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Love your crafts , very sweet!!! Love the cheese box I have a few myself never thought of painting on them!!!
Diane

Dawn Marie said...

great stuff! the well behaved saying is so funny isnt it? I could see some folks not appreciating that--but maybe thats because they felt guilty about something...lol