Tuesday, February 24, 2009

You wanted to know..............

I am just loving this artsy fartsy type of pictures that I am taking. Guess because I never ever thought I would be able to take them.........ok, so they aren't going to wind up in the National Geographic, or Garden Beautiful...........but, I think once I get them printed up on photo paper, that they will make pretty note cards to use.


NO kissy face, huggy bear stuff.......just running, laughing, drinking, big group (guess there must have been about 12-14 of us) and of course I was just ga-ga and awe struck, like some little town spinster who went to the big city for the first time...................it probably was my only encounter with a movie star........ooooo, I saw Pat Boone driving out of his driveway and he looked REALLY mad, ugly mad and needless to say, he didn't wave to us........tee hee.
Today, if I can get myself into gear, my companion and I are taking off for the outlet malls. I need a few more tops for Alaska and another set of sheets for my new twin bed...........of course if I don't get going, I won't have enough time to get there and back before I have to pick up Daniel from school.........
The sun is shining and it is "suppose" to get up into the 80's today.........I am sure a smile will creep into my day soon..............


3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Well, I don't get by your blog everyday... we're really busy with our RV ministry here in sunny Arizona, but I'm doing laundry today and the wifi signal is really strong here, so I'm catching up on my blog favorites. Love your artsy fartsy flower pics. Will make gorgeous cards. Also, love your title picture. Keep smiling. God is good.

Claudia said...

Mary Ellen,

You are moving to Alaska? Where and when? That's a big change from San Antonio! I have a good friend who has lived there for years. Would love to hear more about your upcoming plans.

Dawn Marie said...

that picture of the flower is very good, great photography!

Hmmm so pat boone mad huh? i wonder if it was at wifey?

I was never a fan of mardi gras...so much of it seems so evil to me. not sure if it is but that is the feeling I got from it..did i miss something?