Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Tuesday






Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
— Victor Hugo


I'm not sure if I am going to even turn on my computer tomorrow........trust me, if something is going to get caught on a computer, it will be mine........and I have a GOOD security program too.....it's just some sort of dark cloud that hovers over me........oh well......we'll see.

Hey does anyone knit here? I use to do basics......once even did a pair of mittens that worked! They did. They fit me, had the thumbs in the right place, cuffs were as long as I wanted them to be (I like them so they stay inside the coat sleeve).......but never proceeded much farther than that.

I wander in the yarn department of any store that has one............why not, it is so warm and comforting.....well it is for me. Oh and the colors and textures.............









My mother was a knitter......she made all of my sweaters when I was little, vests and sweaters for my Daddy, and my Grampa, well he only liked wearing the socks that my mother knitted for him. She always looked so content and calm as she knitted........


No, this isn't her, I don't think I have a photo of her knitting......wish I did. I gave all of her knitting needles to a very special friend that is the queen of knitting.......waving to her right now in GA.....how are you?........to me it was a very special gift to give. I know that she uses them and if not, that she takes good care of them for me. I on the other hand am not a contented, peaceful knitter............I am uptight!!!!! First I don't get the counting the stitches thing.......I can cast on, and then I knit until I get to the end of the row.......the end. I know, I made the mittens, but I was younger and was able to concentrate better..............see I was thinking about doing that again.............but I just talked myself out of it...........reality check...........the end. Why in the world would I start up another "hobby"? WHY? Oh I had this little dream about keeping us all supplied in mittens while in Alaska.........get a grip woman.....we aren't in the 1950's sitcoms and I am sure there is a whole lot of other things that will have to be done other than knitting. Whoa, that was a quick dream........put a smile on my face.........yup it did........me sitting down trying to count with this going on " Nana, Nana......pease put in a movie...............Nana, Nana, come play wif me.................Nana, Nana pease I have a nack........nope, thinking that I will not venture down that road right now...............

4 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

I used to knit many years ago and i cant get it going again. I tried to take a knitting class a couple of years ago but the teacher stunk I thought. She couldnt spend alot of time with anyone one on one--she was a real gabber and just didnt click at least with me. I gave up after two or 3 times. I'm left handed which seems to cause me some grief.

andsewon said...

sniff..sniff...I wanna learn to knit so I can knit socks.....;-)
You sew so for the Great White North do the fleece mittens and assorted other things.

Lisa said...

Hey, i was checking your blog for any virus, and now looking result's can say that i'am shocked!
Please, you must visit our online scaner, probably, anybody was hack you blog.
Check it here

Nancy said...

I must have visited your blog before, as I see your blog is on my Blogroll on my sidebar...

I used to knit alot when my children were small...loved it!!! Just not enough time anymore. I made the graph sweaters...with a picture in the back of them and a smaller one on one of the fronts...such as Winnie the Pooh, another was a black kitten on the back of a pink sweater...made out of bulky orlon yarn...they were adorable! Also I made one with a Dune Buggy on it, bowling sweaters, white-tail deer, poodle dog, husky dog, etc. I just wish I had time to knit now! I did find it very relaxing myself, especially when the kids were at school and all the housework and laundry was done. LOL

((( HUGS )))