Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm not lost..........

Truly I have not been lost........or have I? Lost in a rather hectic and jammed full spring break week. I think Friday was the only day that we didn't venture out on an adventure.....and then it was designated "jammie" day. I have to keep reminding myself that I am NOT old, truly I am not.......and trust me, I will not use that phrase ...."40 is the new 20" ......40 is 40. Forty for some is a better shape 40 than others, but it is still 40. Tee hee, and we KNOW that I am not 40, don't we? I raised three active and adventurous children pretty much on my own.......I was married, but not a whole lot of help in the day in and day out type of thing.........so I know I can do this...............but egads..........
I don't seem to be sitting in any rocker and reading much these days..........I have been to parks, the zoo, bookstores, errands, the jumping place (you know those blow up rubber things that kids jump on) which my sil paid for......I sure couldn't have afford all of that and I treated for ice cream, packed picnic lunches and when things got tough, tried very very hard to keep them from attacking each other, while doing it in a calm and politically correct way so no one would report me !!!! Yeah, that last phrase stick in my craw, but that's all I need right now, having some governmental agency checking my out because I raised my voice in what some concerned person felt was threatening.......................egads, we are wandering down more paths and country roads. What I wanted to write about, is that I am here, just been so on the go, bone tired, road weary and just plain feeling my age..........so I will do better this week I hope..........but you know at this point I am not going to add that much pressure to myself and promise that I will write each day...........yeah, like I need another thing to make me feel guilty..........tee hee.
Smile today? You betcha......the sun is shining and I planted flowers in our pots outside........you bet I smiled.

No comments: