Friday, March 27, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring


It's raining, it's pouring

the old man is snoring.

He bumped his head

and he went to bed
and he didn't get up

'til the morning.


Yes it is raining here in Texas. I am really happy for the rain, for each drop means I just might get to see some beautiful bluebonnets one more time.........they truly are a sight to behold. I know our friends in North Dakota are dreading each and every drop that falls........my heart goes out to those in the flood area. I have never experienced a flood.........oh little things, minor creek over the banks, but nothing like a true flood.
I know I sound contradictory when I say that I like the rain.......and I like the sun.......and I like a good snow storm...........the wind is ok, a gentle breeze is more my style, but I have lived in Why-oh-ming for so long, that a day without a true blow you over gust of wind...........well you pinched yourself to make sure you weren't in OZ. What I like most about the rain........umbrellas. Ok, it doesn't take much to make me smile, we have established that already. I do like umbrellas.....they come in all shapes and sizes...........









Now reading in the newspaper today, the business woman of today should be dressing conservatively, having blue, black, grey and a few browns and tans.........things that will intermingle and make a good basic wardrobe. Ok. But surely they weren't talking about a business woman's umbrella........could they?
Surely she could break out of the mold and have a little fun with her umbrella?










If not, then I am glad that I am not in the 9 to5 business world any more..............because I like color and pizazz.......a little spark, some flair.........














My umbrella, what does it look like........well it's not quite what I am use to carrying around in my vehicle..........remember we all have to adjust to what is taking place in out life at the time..........my umbrella right now is a gift from my daughter after she heard me whine and be silly about getting my tush wet while trying to protect the boys........both grandsons have their own umbrellas, but there are times that Nana just doesn't have the patience or time to mess around with putting up and down three umbrellas and then carrying or keeping track of three................so here is my umbrella at the moment.

Yup. a multi-colored golf umbrella..........it's a big hummer. The three of us fit under it nicely and I love it. My day will come again for a brighter and more flashy model..........right now I like what I have and what is underneath it even more...........
Smile, I know I smiled as I was typing this........see it doesn't take much to make me smile.......hope this post helped you with a smile too.

2 comments:

Carole Burant said...

I love all the styles and colours of umbrellas available these days. I haven't used an umbrella since I was a teen, though...not that I never go out in the rain but I'd rather just put up my spring coat hood up! lol Your umbrella looks like a big beach ball, I love it:-) xoxo

Claudia said...

I love your big umbrella - that's just what one needs. I love the rain, too, as long as there's not too much!