Wednesday, March 11, 2009

soft colors............









I was fooling around with the program on my computer, the one that I think only I know about......tee hee........and noticed that I seemed to gravitate towards the darker and more vibrant color families.............it kinda surprised me. Oh I know that I love red and put a good shade of orange out there and that makes me smile too.........but I always considered myself a pastel type gal.......... So as I was glancing at the newest copy of Country Living magazine, I stopped on a page called Supply Closet and had to email a friend that knits, about some yarn that was being advertised on this page..............such soft green and pink................really really soft. I then looked over at the photo next it and I just had to smile..........a beautiful and simple bouquet of flowers............Narcissus and primroses........but lo' and behold, they aren't even real.......they are hand made cotton flowers from the Czech Republic. Very reasonably priced too........the narcissus are $22/10 and the primroses are $8/12. Here is the site nicholaskniel.com Hmmm, wonder why that didn't do the color thing so you can click on it?

I am going to try and be more aware of what I pick out for colors and hues.........not that I am going to change............but now I will look at the softer hues and think if I could use them also........

Smile...........................
p.s. already I am back to the brighter shades......but he is a handsome and happy fella, huh?




1 comment:

Carole Burant said...

If you put http:// in front of the link, then it should light up and be clickable. I love pastel colours but then I also love bright red (like I have in my kitchen) so it makes life interesting! lol xoxo