Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring

I missed the official first day of Spring.........sorry. Seems like I have missed quite a few good posts lately......well the topic of good posts. I am trying, but things just happen......many things.

Spring........of course for me it's the time of flowers........yup I have pictures to share..........sorry.

See the butterfly? Both of these snapshots I took at the San Antonio zoo last week.....during spring break. A pretty nice little zoo..........waaaaaaaaaay to crowded after awhile............come on people this Nana got up early, packed a picnic lunch, braved a trip into unknown territory on the highways and arrived just a few minutes after the zoo opened........and it was nice............11:30 and we were invaded!!! Tee hee.........sorry, crowds with lots and lots of children and me being responsible for my two boys............well ok, call me over-protective! I watch them like a hawk and make no apoligies for doing it. Ok, I took a longer detour..........

Texas in the spring.......well if we had the normal amount of moisture........well just look at this
Miles and miles of bluebonnets.........oh it is a sight to behold............the first year we were here we had a bumper crop of bluebonnets and took some typical "first time Texan" pictures...........







Thinking this year isn't going to be a good bluebonnet year..........
Spring, the birth of most everything in nature, this makes me smile........a new beginning and we all need to start afresh at times...........enjoy.

1 comment:

Dawn Marie said...

i love your spring pictures. the butterfly was different-i dont think i've seen one like that around here.

My favorite Zoo in all the world was the San Diego Zoo...i was stunned by it.